Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

iPhone 6 Mount

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

iPhone 6 Mount

Old 09-21-14, 10:59 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iPhone 6 Mount

Hey Everyone,

Well, this is sad news indeed. BioLogic has said on their Facebook page that they will not be releasing a bike mount like they have for the previous versions of the iPhone. They have instead opted to release some terrible soft case version that doesn't seem like it would offer any sort of protection.

So, that unfortunately leaves me without a proper solution for mounting my phone (something I do on every ride to track my ride and keep me from getting lost). The reason I went with the BioLogic version in the first place was that is was the only low profile case that allowed me to easily insert and remove my iPhone after a ride. It was also ridged, weather resistant, and allowed me to charge it via a mounted battery.

I was hoping you guys would have some ideas for what to do next. I thought, perhaps I could purchase the older Android versions, which may fit the larger iPhone 6. Another option would be to cut the bottom off my previous case, and epoxy it to another case that I can remove my phone from.

Any ideas?
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-22-14, 04:53 AM
  #2  
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 3,333
Liked 357 Times in 194 Posts
Seems like a pretty stupid business move on their part.
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram @yankee.velo.foxtrot
the sci guy is offline  
Old 09-22-14, 08:30 AM
  #3  
Super-spreader
 
Mr. Hairy Legs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: where black is the color, where none is the number
Posts: 887

Bikes: shiny red tricycle

Liked 101 Times in 97 Posts
Would a Garmin Edge do what you need? I've never felt comfortable exposing an expensive phone like that.
Mr. Hairy Legs is offline  
Old 09-22-14, 10:17 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Ray Dockrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mustang, OK
Posts: 727
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an iPhone 5 but I am sure this would work with the 6. I use an Otterbox Defender case. I take the holster that comes with it and zip tie it to the stem. You can make some kind of spacer if you need too to go between the stem and holster clip. I have been using this method for almost a year and have never had the phone come out of the mount. I just looked and they are making this case for the iPhone 6.
Ray Dockrey is offline  
Old 09-22-14, 11:22 AM
  #5  
Disco Infiltrator
 
Darth Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 13,475

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Liked 2,123 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Hairy Legs
Would a Garmin Edge do what you need? I've never felt comfortable exposing an expensive phone like that.
My MIL got me a BioLogic case/mount for my 5S and though I have no qualms exposing the phone to danger, I really did find the case too annoying to use. I don't want to be attached to the bike via headphones, and it covered up the volume and vibrate controls. I'd rather have the phone in my pocket. If I wanted a speedometer I'd get a dedicated bike computer. I also don't want to spend this kind of money for something that's going to need to be replaced in two years along with the phone. I do appreciate the bike gifts she's been getting me but they always seem to miss the mark a little.
__________________
Genesis 49:16-17
Darth Lefty is offline  
Old 09-29-14, 03:24 AM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have never had an issue exposing my phone, especially with the old BioLogic cases. They are pretty protected, and if I wipe out, the last thing I care about is my phone.

i looked at the Otterbox cases, but passed on them because of the inability to easily remove it from the case at the end of a ride (or when I go into a store). For me, the brilliance of the BioLogic cases was the easy on/off - in/out options. That really made it versatile and useful for me.

The he reason I don't use a bike computer is because I don't care about any of the features they have. I don't track speed, or anything like that. My phone was mounted for one basic reason, GPS. Over the last year I have ridden around Berlin, Melbourne, Victoria BC, and Calgary. The tracking app that I use has been invaluable for finding my way around and back home.

I originally tried with the phone in my bag, but it was useless and I found myself either lost, or in undesirable locations. I also pre-plotted my route around the Berlin Wall Trail, and used the phone to keep on the correct route.

As for headphones, I have two solutions. I originally just went with earbud Boss headphones, which would just pop out in an accident. I then switched to a pair of bluetooth ones which freed me up. The app I use also let's me adjust the volume, as does Apple's quick menu thing. I purchased an Anker external battery, and mounted it to my handlebars using a small hard case for an MP3 player and Velcro straps. I could pull the cord out and attach it to my phone to charge it. This could keep me on GPS for 10+ hours.

Now, I have a new phone, and no case solution.

After looking around a bit, the only real thing I can think of is to find a case that will work, and glue it to the old mount. See if a silicone case will fit in one of the old BioLogic Android cases, or 3D print one.

Other than that, I'm kinda screwed.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-29-14, 03:45 AM
  #7  
contiuniously variable
 
TransitBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,280

Bikes: 2012 Breezer Uptown Infinity, Fuji Varsity

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quad Lock ? iPhone 6 Bike Mount

iPhone 6 Bike Handlebar Mount w/ Protective Case

- Andy
TransitBiker is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 03:41 AM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the links, Andy.

Unfortunately those solutions suffer the same issues as most of the ones I've found.

First, they don't protect the phone from any sort of weather. There needs to be at least some initial protection from a quick rain, or splash. Secondly, and the main reason I never went with these is that the case is an "always on" case. I don't want my phone in a case the 90% of the time I'm not on a bike during any given day. The brilliance of the old BioLogic case was that it wasn't a permanent case. You could just pull the phone out when you were done.

There really is a market out there for good cases. These solutions people are coming up with don't seem to be from people who cycle.

I have a friend who is a 3D modeller, and we talked about perhaps putting one together to send off to the 3D printers online. I think this might be the only feasible solution at this time.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 07:33 AM
  #9  
Thunder Whisperer
 
no1mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE OK
Posts: 8,843

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
You don't really need a dedicated mount because you seemingly already have the tools needed to get the desired job done. You have an app that allows you to pre-plot your route. If that app supports TTS, then route the audio cues to your BT headset.
__________________
Community guidelines
no1mad is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 10:05 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA. USA
Posts: 3,804

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker

Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My iphone goes in the transparent zip-lock map holder on the top of my arkel handlebar bag.
Walter S is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 10:26 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 431

Bikes: Surly Krampus

Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know how do-able this would be, but maybe you could get the Lifeproof Case (I love that case) to work with some type of mount?
El Cid is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 10:49 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
alan s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6,977
Liked 190 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
So, that unfortunately leaves me without a proper solution for mounting my phone (something I do on every ride to track my ride and keep me from getting lost).

I was hoping you guys would have some ideas for what to do next.
How about you just try to remember your route? You probably ride it every day, more or less. Why do you need to track your ride? If you really need to, just start the appropriate app and stick it in your bag. When you arrive, your ride will be tracked.
alan s is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 10:59 AM
  #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
How about you just try to remember your route? You probably ride it every day, more or less. Why do you need to track your ride? If you really need to, just start the appropriate app and stick it in your bag. When you arrive, your ride will be tracked.
As I explained further up, in the past I have used the mount to navigate new routes around cities and paths I am unfamiliar with. On a day-to-day basis, sure I can just remember my route...but that doesn't really help if I decide to try new routes there or home.

I also like to have the phone mounted for other reasons. One being able to listened to podcasts, or music. Another is that I can use Apps to get feedback on things like points of interest around me.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 11:03 AM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
You don't really need a dedicated mount because you seemingly already have the tools needed to get the desired job done. You have an app that allows you to pre-plot your route. If that app supports TTS, then route the audio cues to your BT headset.
I actually tried that in Berlin when I first got there, and I didn't have the mount yet. It doesn't work all that well in many European cities because of the way they tend to lay out streets. I found that once I had the phone mounted, it really gave me the context I needed to make sure I was headed in the right direction. It was also a bit of a pain because I couldn't easily get to the phone if I needed to check a direction, switch a song, stop a podcast, lower the volume if riding required more concentration, or see points of interest.

It does work, yes...but it's not the best solution for my needs.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 11:04 AM
  #15  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Cid
I don't know how do-able this would be, but maybe you could get the Lifeproof Case (I love that case) to work with some type of mount?
Does Lifeproof make an iPhone 6 case that allows for easy removal?
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 11:10 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
alan s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6,977
Liked 190 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
I actually tried that in Berlin when I first got there, and I didn't have the mount yet. It doesn't work all that well in many European cities because of the way they tend to lay out streets. I found that once I had the phone mounted, it really gave me the context I needed to make sure I was headed in the right direction. It was also a bit of a pain because I couldn't easily get to the phone if I needed to check a direction, switch a song, stop a podcast, lower the volume if riding required more concentration, or see points of interest.

It does work, yes...but it's not the best solution for my needs.
Get a cycling jersey with back pockets. Put your phone in there and use the Apple earbuds with the inline controls. Otherwise, look around at the scenery. You'll enjoy it more. Work on developing a sense of direction from the surroundings, rather than a little screen.
alan s is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 11:48 AM
  #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
Get a cycling jersey with back pockets. Put your phone in there and use the Apple earbuds with the inline controls. Otherwise, look around at the scenery. You'll enjoy it more. Work on developing a sense of direction from the surroundings, rather than a little screen.
Alan s,

While I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this thread, I'm not sure you're understanding what I am saying here.

I'm not sure if you've ever been to places like Berlin, Melbourne, Vancouver, or Calgary, but developing a sense of direction means very little when you don't know the city. Especially in places like Berlin where it is wall to wall buildings that were built in the GDR era and look almost identical throughout half of the city.

Just to help you try and visualize this. Here is the map of the Berlin Wall Trail that I rode.

Mauerwegcomplete.jpg Photo by Auntie_Helen | Photobucket

This trail follows the historic route of where the Berlin Wall used to be. To ride it, allows you to get a sense of what that city was like before the wall fell and to experience many interesting historical landmarks. There are many parts of the trail that are well marked, but others are just simply not. There are parts of that trail that weave through little neighbourhoods, forests, highways, and even requires taking a ferry at one point.

There is no way, that "developing a sense of direction, from the surroundings" would be even remotely possible here. I know this because before I mounted my external battery I rode 65KM or so, and found myself with a dead phone unable to find my way back. I had to use my very limited German to find and S-Bahn that would take me back home (even then it took me hours due to getting on many wrong trains).

I'm sorry, but saying that I should "develop a sense of direction" is not only ignorant of reality, but a tad insulting as well. As a matter of fact, I actually enjoy my rides even more because I don't have to worry about riding off into an unknown city and finding myself lost, or worse, in an dangerous area. Having a bike mounted phone allows me to enjoy the sights, instead of worrying what direction I'm going.

However, if you're still not convinced, here is a challenge.

Bring up Google Maps and type in any major city. Now, pick your starting point (which will be your ending point as well). Now, go to street view, and navigate your way through say, 30KM of the city. Try and find your way back home without looking at any other means of navigation. I am curious how well you would do with your heightened sense of direction. If you get back to the same place you started, without finding yourself in any dangerous situations, or getting lost (or taking 8 hours)...then you will have my upmost respect.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:06 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
alan s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6,977
Liked 190 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
Alan s,

While I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this thread, I'm not sure you're understanding what I am saying here.

I'm not sure if you've ever been to places like Berlin, Melbourne, Vancouver, or Calgary, but developing a sense of direction means very little when you don't know the city. Especially in places like Berlin where it is wall to wall buildings that were built in the GDR era and look almost identical throughout half of the city.

Just to help you try and visualize this. Here is the map of the Berlin Wall Trail that I rode.

Mauerwegcomplete.jpg Photo by Auntie_Helen | Photobucket

This trail follows the historic route of where the Berlin Wall used to be. To ride it, allows you to get a sense of what that city was like before the wall fell and to experience many interesting historical landmarks. There are many parts of the trail that are well marked, but others are just simply not. There are parts of that trail that weave through little neighbourhoods, forests, highways, and even requires taking a ferry at one point.

There is no way, that "developing a sense of direction, from the surroundings" would be even remotely possible here. I know this because before I mounted my external battery I rode 65KM or so, and found myself with a dead phone unable to find my way back. I had to use my very limited German to find and S-Bahn that would take me back home (even then it took me hours due to getting on many wrong trains).

I'm sorry, but saying that I should "develop a sense of direction" is not only ignorant of reality, but a tad insulting as well. As a matter of fact, I actually enjoy my rides even more because I don't have to worry about riding off into an unknown city and finding myself lost, or worse, in an dangerous area. Having a bike mounted phone allows me to enjoy the sights, instead of worrying what direction I'm going.

However, if you're still not convinced, here is a challenge.

Bring up Google Maps and type in any major city. Now, pick your starting point (which will be your ending point as well). Now, go to street view, and navigate your way through say, 30KM of the city. Try and find your way back home without looking at any other means of navigation. I am curious how well you would do with your heightened sense of direction. If you get back to the same place you started, without finding yourself in any dangerous situations, or getting lost (or taking 8 hours)...then you will have my upmost respect.
Guess I thought you were commuting, not sightseeing. Anyway, people managed to get around before the iPhone without too much difficulty, so I think it can still be done.
alan s is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:18 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
Guess I thought you were commuting, not sightseeing. Anyway, people managed to get around before the iPhone without too much difficulty, so I think it can still be done.
The same went for when I was communing. Having the option to pick a new route to or from work, or to swing around a different way to find a new market or restaurant, is great when you don't have to guess at the direction. I realize people have managed to get around before iPhone, but as for how difficult it was is a bit subjective.

I realize it can still be done, but the point of this thread really isn't about discussing my personal ability to navigate a city on my bike with, or without a phone. The point was that I enjoy using my phone for various reasons when I'm on my bike, and as such I am looking for a mounting solution. I'm not really looking for personal options on how to put my phone in my pocket, or bag. I'm not really looking for personal opinions on what others think of direction skills.

I appreciate everyone who has attempted to help in this thread. It is a pretty slim market out there for good bike mounts unfortunately, and if I had the means I would make a new product in a heartbeat. Until I magically find a few million in capital investment, I'm just going to have to try and find something that works.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:26 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
alan s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6,977
Liked 190 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
The same went for when I was communing. Having the option to pick a new route to or from work, or to swing around a different way to find a new market or restaurant, is great when you don't have to guess at the direction. I realize people have managed to get around before iPhone, but as for how difficult it was is a bit subjective.

I realize it can still be done, but the point of this thread really isn't about discussing my personal ability to navigate a city on my bike with, or without a phone. The point was that I enjoy using my phone for various reasons when I'm on my bike, and as such I am looking for a mounting solution. I'm not really looking for personal options on how to put my phone in my pocket, or bag. I'm not really looking for personal opinions on what others think of direction skills.

I appreciate everyone who has attempted to help in this thread. It is a pretty slim market out there for good bike mounts unfortunately, and if I had the means I would make a new product in a heartbeat. Until I magically find a few million in capital investment, I'm just going to have to try and find something that works.
Well, you asked a pretty broad question in your original post "Any ideas?" so I gave you some ideas.
alan s is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:36 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,673

Bikes: N+1=5

Liked 246 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
Thanks for the links, Andy.

Unfortunately those solutions suffer the same issues as most of the ones I've found.

First, they don't protect the phone from any sort of weather. There needs to be at least some initial protection from a quick rain, or splash. Secondly, and the main reason I never went with these is that the case is an "always on" case. I don't want my phone in a case the 90% of the time I'm not on a bike during any given day. The brilliance of the old BioLogic case was that it wasn't a permanent case. You could just pull the phone out when you were done.

There really is a market out there for good cases. These solutions people are coming up with don't seem to be from people who cycle.

I have a friend who is a 3D modeller, and we talked about perhaps putting one together to send off to the 3D printers online. I think this might be the only feasible solution at this time.
The quad lock case is probably the right answer. Along with the case is also a device called the "poncho" that makes the whole thing streamlined but also weatherproof. I have this for me iPhone 5 and it works great. I'm also on the hook for one for my iPhone 6. I've probably got close to 4000 miles on my quad lock case mounts and cases. I like them very much.

You can also purchase whatever case you like and stick their mount piece on the back of it and use that. I used one of the Otterbox cases once upon a time, but you can use pretty much anything you like.

So that gives you at least two solutions.

The case is super easy to pop on and off. If I didn't have a case, this one wouldn't trouble me with it's on and off capabilities. No worse than keeping the BioLogic case around.

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:38 PM
  #22  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just wanted to give a quick example of the use case that I've had using my iPhone 4, and why this is important to me.

....

In the morning I mount my phone to the bike and head out for the day.

Using the app, Runtastic I am able to record my route, calories, speed, elevation, distance, and duration, and see the current time. This information I then use to track my fitness levels for the week (and I can share it on social media for my friends and family who care).

I can also plug in my headphones and catch up on podcasts, news, or music (traffic permitting). If this wasn't enough, I can also now use iPhone 6 in combination with an external battery to say, "Hey, Siri" and request that she do things like send emails, texts, or check on information I might be wondering about. All spoken back to me in my headphones.

I also use and app called 2Do. This uses geofencing to tell me if I am near something that requires my attention. For example, on my ride home I might pass by the grocery store. 2Do will send me a notification letting me know that I have tasks to compete at the grocery store. If my phone was in my pocket/bag I would have to stop (if I even heard it) and check to see what the notification was for. With a mounted solution I can look down at a stop light and see that I need to make a detour to grab Lucky Charms cereal.

On the way home, I might get a call from my girlfriend letting me know that the cat ate the salmon that was thawing on the counter, and that I need to pick up some sandwiches. I can easily see who is calling, and answer the phone (via headphones). The same goes for texts, and Facebook notifications.

Finally, lets say that I need to go out of my way to pick up a gift for my mums birthday. At work, I can create a route on Runtastic.com and upload it to my phone. Now, I have a route that I have chosen to be the best for cycling, instead of relying on Google Maps to choose the best route. I can look down and easily check that I am going in the right direction, all the while staying clear of major traffic.

For me, this has made my commute that much more enjoyable and safe. Sure, I might not take advantage of all these on all days, but having the option is really nice.
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:41 PM
  #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
The quad lock case is probably the right answer. Along with the case is also a device called the "poncho" that makes the whole thing streamlined but also weatherproof. I have this for me iPhone 5 and it works great. I'm also on the hook for one for my iPhone 6. I've probably got close to 4000 miles on my quad lock case mounts and cases. I like them very much.

You can also purchase whatever case you like and stick their mount piece on the back of it and use that. I used one of the Otterbox cases once upon a time, but you can use pretty much anything you like.

So that gives you at least two solutions.

The case is super easy to pop on and off. If I didn't have a case, this one wouldn't trouble me with it's on and off capabilities. No worse than keeping the BioLogic case around.

J.

Thanks, I'll look into it a bit more. The reason I passed on them in the first place was that I just didn't want to fiddle around getting a case on and off each time I decided to ride. The BioLogic case was brilliant because I could get my phone in, and out in less than 5 seconds without risking scratching/chipping the device with repeated removal from the case. I have an iPad that I use a case on when traveling, and I have become very leery about constantly removing the case as I have to pry it off every time.

How long would you say it takes to remove your phone from the case?
Crazylegsmurphy is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 12:46 PM
  #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 22

Bikes: Brompton M6R, REI Novara FlyBy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Cid
I don't know how do-able this would be, but maybe you could get the Lifeproof Case (I love that case) to work with some type of mount?
I'm glad I found this thread! I was looking for the same thing! I have no sense of direction and I get lost very easily , which is one reason i have an iPhone! I checked the Lifeproof website -- they do have a quick release bike mount for the 5/5s case and they say an iPhone 6 case is coming soon.
Tinacha2 is offline  
Old 09-30-14, 01:14 PM
  #25  
Thunder Whisperer
 
no1mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE OK
Posts: 8,843

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazylegsmurphy
I actually tried that in Berlin when I first got there, and I didn't have the mount yet. It doesn't work all that well in many European cities because of the way they tend to lay out streets. I found that once I had the phone mounted, it really gave me the context I needed to make sure I was headed in the right direction. It was also a bit of a pain because I couldn't easily get to the phone if I needed to check a direction, switch a song, stop a podcast, lower the volume if riding required more concentration, or see points of interest.

It does work, yes...but it's not the best solution for my needs.
To be honest, I would not have made my suggestion had you been more upfront with using the device for things other than just the GPS.

I do have a question, though, regarding your time in Berlin (and other areas with narrow streets)- how was the GPS signal? I've found that narrow streets with tightly packed buildings, trees, dense cloud cover... all can have an impact on the signal reception. Of course, my Nexus tablet that I track my activites with is WiFi only, so I don't have the luxury of using the cell towers to fall back on...
__________________
Community guidelines
no1mad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.