Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

After 35y of riding, treated myself w/ a nice bike, need help picking accessories!

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

After 35y of riding, treated myself w/ a nice bike, need help picking accessories!

Old 08-06-20, 01:29 AM
  #1  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After 35y of riding, treated myself w/ a nice bike, need help picking accessories!

Just ordered a BMC Alpenchallenge AC01 Three Hybrid bike ! Color is blue turquoise.

Been riding bikes all my life but this is my first NICE bike so I want to do it right accessories wise. And feel fine with investing some money in it.

I'm gonna need a bike lock obviously, would like something that's both light and efficient, I guess that'll be the most expensive accessory right ? What do you guys like ? (under $100 would be nice if possible).
A nice looking triangle bag for cellphone, wallet, keys, etc but I assume anything on Amazon will do or do you guys have something you particularly like ?
Regarding the tail light, I've seen some pretty good looking led that are integrated to the seat post. Is that good ? Compatible with every bike too ? Or just a flashy mediocre gadget ? Any other suggestion ?
I guess any bottle cage will do.

If you guys have some thoughts it'd be really appreciated. Thank you !

EDIT - Almost forgot, could use some good pedals + foot restraints (is that even the english word?).

Is it reasonable to think I should be able to get all accessories for around $200 and still get good stuff ?

Last edited by Norz80; 08-06-20 at 01:32 AM.
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-06-20, 08:17 AM
  #2  
Iride01 
MotuekaCascadeChinook
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,447

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4650 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 2,191 Posts
$200 dollars..... maybe 35 years ago.

I guess it depends on what specific accessories you want. Bottles, bottle holders and pedals of some sort you probably can stay within budget.

A lot depends on what type of riding you are going to do. How long you expect to ride at a time and how often.
Iride01 is offline  
Likes For Iride01:
Old 08-06-20, 09:56 AM
  #3  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
$200 dollars..... maybe 35 years ago.

I guess it depends on what specific accessories you want. Bottles, bottle holders and pedals of some sort you probably can stay within budget.

A lot depends on what type of riding you are going to do. How long you expect to ride at a time and how often.
I mean, if the whole things costs $300-350 then be it. As long as the spending makes sense. But I definitly do not wanna go cheap after spending a solid amount on the bike itself. Might as well do it right !

Which is why I'm asking here and not merely browsing Amazon. You guys might have some good suggestions.
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-06-20, 10:07 AM
  #4  
Iride01 
MotuekaCascadeChinook
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,447

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4650 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 2,191 Posts
How can we suggest anything for you? Are we to assume that from the type bike you bought?

What type of riding are you going to be doing? How long per ride and how often.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 08-06-20, 10:22 AM
  #5  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
How can we suggest anything for you? Are we to assume that from the type bike you bought?

What type of riding are you going to be doing? How long per ride and how often.
Alright.

2x ~5-6miles to work and back during week days. The occasional longer ride (nothing too intense) during the week end with the gf for a couple hours.

I'm looking for a lock that's good enough and not TOO heavy as I'm not going to leave my bike outside at night. I'll have to leave it outside during the week days sometimes, but in town, doubt there is too much of a risk.

Besides the lock, I think what I could use help with is the pedals + foot restraints. Not anything "clicky" (sorry not sure what the word is, english isn't my first language) but just something I can put my foot into. On a quality enough pedal.
Also the tail light, are the models with leds integrated to the seat post decent ? or is it more a flashy, mediocre gadget ?
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-06-20, 12:21 PM
  #6  
Elvo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,741
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 353 Times in 194 Posts
I would definitely not leave a $2100 bike outside at night
Elvo is offline  
Likes For Elvo:
Old 08-06-20, 02:02 PM
  #7  
Iride01 
MotuekaCascadeChinook
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,447

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4650 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 2,191 Posts
For the type riding you say you are going to do, just plain platform pedals should be fine. If you are going to be pedaling at higher cadences of better than 80 RPM, then you might want SPD, SPD-SL or just simple toe straps. But for the short rides you are talking about probably not needed. If you've never used them, they might result in a injury if you didn't learn how to fall when younger.

As for locking up your bike. I don't know. I haven't left a bike unattended outside and out of my site for probably 50 years. I used to use a cable and a padlock. I preferred a key lock, others prefer combination locks. No matter what lock you get, it's no match for a battery operated angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.

I'd recommend you ask your local police department or sheriff's office about bike theft in the areas you'll be in with your bike. Hopefully it's not a big deal where you are, but some places it's an eye opener to know what is going on.

Check with your insurance agent about theft. Also you might want to talk to them and find out if your current policies, will cover you for liability and your own healthcare if you are the injured. Bikes do crash into things and damage other people and property when their operators are negligent or just simply make a mistake.

If that didn't take care of the 200 dollars, then at least get a floor pump to keep your tires properly aired up. They will need it every few days. Rubber is permeable to air and bicycle tires and tubes are much thinner than automobile tires.

Which ones to get? Buy some inexpensive things that seem to be made by a manufacturer that is a name in the cycling world. Personal experience helps with deciding what to get. So get some experience.
Iride01 is offline  
Likes For Iride01:
Old 08-06-20, 02:17 PM
  #8  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo View Post
I would definitely not leave a $2100 bike outside at night
Not going to, trust me !

Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
For the type riding you say you are going to do, just plain platform pedals should be fine. If you are going to be pedaling at higher cadences of better than 80 RPM, then you might want SPD, SPD-SL or just simple toe straps. But for the short rides you are talking about probably not needed. If you've never used them, they might result in a injury if you didn't learn how to fall when younger.

As for locking up your bike. I don't know. I haven't left a bike unattended outside and out of my site for probably 50 years. I used to use a cable and a padlock. I preferred a key lock, others prefer combination locks. No matter what lock you get, it's no match for a battery operated angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.

I'd recommend you ask your local police department or sheriff's office about bike theft in the areas you'll be in with your bike. Hopefully it's not a big deal where you are, but some places it's an eye opener to know what is going on.

Check with your insurance agent about theft. Also you might want to talk to them and find out if your current policies, will cover you for liability and your own healthcare if you are the injured. Bikes do crash into things and damage other people and property when their operators are negligent or just simply make a mistake.

If that didn't take care of the 200 dollars, then at least get a floor pump to keep your tires properly aired up. They will need it every few days. Rubber is permeable to air and bicycle tires and tubes are much thinner than automobile tires.

Which ones to get? Buy some inexpensive things that seem to be made by a manufacturer that is a name in the cycling world. Personal experience helps with deciding what to get. So get some experience.
Thank you very much
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-06-20, 06:26 PM
  #9  
Ogsarg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Hollister, CA (not the surf town)
Posts: 1,563

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked 1,049 Times in 435 Posts
Choosing a lock is really based on when/where you plan to leave the bike. Lightweight and effective don't go together when it comes to locks. I have a lightweight hiplock that is a total joke as far as protection goes but the only time I use it is if I have to run into a store for a second or use a bathroom so not for more than 1-2 minutes. I'm not willing to carry around a boat anchor for that so I accept the risk.

No opinion on the triangle bag.

If you ride in traffic in daylight, I recommend getting good lights to be seen. Cyglolite hotshot pro 150, 200, and the bontrager flare RT are all great daytime tallights IMO. I have a cyglolite Dash 460 headlight that I like but I have minimal experience with headlights. I like that it has a bright flash mode and the battery lasts a long time. If you want to spend less money, check out the best headlights and best tailights threads in the sticky section.

I would suggest starting with platform pedals. If you decide you want something different later on, do some research on SPD and the shoes you'll need to go with them.

You didn't mention it, but definitely put together a kit that allows you to fix a flat on the road and make sure you know how to use it. The exact tools and bits will depend on your bike and whether you have tube or tubeless tires. Talk to the shop where you got the bike if you don't know what you need.

Enjoy the new bike!
Ogsarg is offline  
Likes For Ogsarg:
Old 08-06-20, 11:28 PM
  #10  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,557

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked 864 Times in 599 Posts
OP, what area are you located in?

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 08-07-20, 12:24 AM
  #11  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg View Post
Choosing a lock is really based on when/where you plan to leave the bike. Lightweight and effective don't go together when it comes to locks. I have a lightweight hiplock that is a total joke as far as protection goes but the only time I use it is if I have to run into a store for a second or use a bathroom so not for more than 1-2 minutes. I'm not willing to carry around a boat anchor for that so I accept the risk.

No opinion on the triangle bag.

If you ride in traffic in daylight, I recommend getting good lights to be seen. Cyglolite hotshot pro 150, 200, and the bontrager flare RT are all great daytime tallights IMO. I have a cyglolite Dash 460 headlight that I like but I have minimal experience with headlights. I like that it has a bright flash mode and the battery lasts a long time. If you want to spend less money, check out the best headlights and best tailights threads in the sticky section.

I would suggest starting with platform pedals. If you decide you want something different later on, do some research on SPD and the shoes you'll need to go with them.

You didn't mention it, but definitely put together a kit that allows you to fix a flat on the road and make sure you know how to use it. The exact tools and bits will depend on your bike and whether you have tube or tubeless tires. Talk to the shop where you got the bike if you don't know what you need.

Enjoy the new bike!
That's very helpful, thank you ! Regarding the lock, it'll never be outside at night. But often enough in populated city areas for a couple hours at a time during the day. Nowhere with tons of crime etc, but still need something solid enough so someone with some tools and a van can't easily snap it in a min.

Originally Posted by Miele Man View Post
OP, what area are you located in?

Cheers
Geneva, Switzerland
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-07-20, 05:02 AM
  #12  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,557

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked 864 Times in 599 Posts
If you like pedals and toe-clips I've found these Wellgo Pedals to be very nice as they're easy to get into and out of. I ride them with the straps loose in t he city. They're not too expensive but are nice pedals. I have them on a few of my mountain bikes that are used as road touring bicycles.

https://wabicycles.com/products/well...cing-pedal-set

A decent U-lock will stop the casual thief. Just don't get a really cheap U-lock as they often have trouble being opened with the provided key after a while.

I like to have a seat bag under my saddle for my multi-tool, patch kit, spare tube, and (when I carry them in addition to my frame or mini-pump) my Co2 cartridges and inflator. A bigger seat bag can hold my wallet and cell phone.

I think a good tail-light and a good headlight are need if riding at dawn dusk, or in the dark. I like a headlight that illuminates the road not just a "Be seen" light.

Regarding the patch kit and Co2 inflators; it's good to practice using the Co2 inflator at home so you know how to use it and how much you need to inflate your tires to a comfortable pressure.

I also like cycling gloves and polarized sunglasses.

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Likes For Miele Man:
Old 08-07-20, 12:42 PM
  #13  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man View Post
If you like pedals and toe-clips I've found these Wellgo Pedals to be very nice as they're easy to get into and out of. I ride them with the straps loose in t he city. They're not too expensive but are nice pedals. I have them on a few of my mountain bikes that are used as road touring bicycles.
Love them, but can't find them over here and overseas shipping would cost me an extra $24 which seems a bit dumb. Any other suggestion maybe ? (If somehow you can fiind them in metallic blue it's even better lol). Thanks !
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-07-20, 07:12 PM
  #14  
Steve B.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South shore, L.I., NY
Posts: 5,749

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by Norz80 View Post
That's very helpful, thank you ! Regarding the lock, it'll never be outside at night. But often enough in populated city areas for a couple hours at a time during the day. Nowhere with tons of crime etc, but still need something solid enough so someone with some tools and a van can't easily snap it in a min.

Geneva, Switzerland
Iíd not be leaving a $2000 bike, locked or not, unattended in any city. Bike thieves get past every lock known.
Steve B. is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 12:30 AM
  #15  
polyphrast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Germany, south of the white sausage equator
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Norz80 Regarding Locks: Decathlon has an U-Lock for ~30EUR which has been tested pretty good. If you like a bit more flexible locks, you could consider foldable locks, like the Abus Bordo Series or the Trelock FS Series. Both can be attached to a bottle holder (and the abus holder also has velcro straps for attaching it anywhere to the frame).


My 2 cents regarding the most necessary gear: i don't like CO2 pumps, because i do like to change my tire pressure while beeing on tour, depending on the riding conditions. Topeak has a range of nice pumps, i do have the Topeak TurboMorph and i am very happy with it (it pumps without big pain 5,5 bars in a tire). Also always take a bit of tire sealant for tubeless tires with you, even when you use a tube. It can help sealing small punctures (but some of those sealants don't like CO2..) Topeak also has some nice multitools, which can be attached to bottle holders.


Pedals: if you like trying a easy and safe clipless pedal (in german "klickpedal"), take a look at "magpeds", the work with a magnet (in case you understand german: youtube.com/watch?v=tgdY1OzG1yc)


Light: if you consider riding in dusk or dark (winters are long...), get a proper "to see" light, which doesn't blind all oncoming traffic, there are numerous options: Cheap but decent Lumintop B01 (--> Aliexpress or Banggood); very good but more expensive: B&M Ixon Space (for the latter check that video, if you understand german: youtube.com/watch?v=oWbk9mPQuSg). Somewhere in between: Cateye GVolt 70 (can be fixed in a hanging position or a gopro adapter) or Lezyne Power Pro115 (the "Loaded" version is for hanging attachment to a GoPro Mount). Expensive and lots of light: Outbound, Lupine SL/SLF/SLX, Supernova
polyphrast is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 12:59 AM
  #16  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
polyphrast Thank you !

Regarding the U-lock I assume you mean the "ELOPS U Bike Lock920" ? (Sorry can't post a link to the actual lock here as I don't have enough posts). I had my eye on the Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5, but this seems just as good, not heavier, but cheaper.

Thanks for lights advices, it's noted, I'll check it out.

Regarding the pedals, I don't want clip less just yet. I think I'm gonna go with some toe clips, without the cage. Or at least with the possibilty to remove the cage quickly/easily just to use the clip. I found some blue alu pedals matching the bike that I like but as I'm super bad at bikes tech I have no idea if I'll be able to put toe clips on them. Brand is "Wacet", sadly, can't post link to them.
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 01:12 AM
  #17  
polyphrast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Germany, south of the white sausage equator
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Norz80 View Post
Regarding the U-lock I assume you mean the "ELOPS U Bike Lock920" ?[...]
Regarding the pedals, I don't want clip less just yet. I think I'm gonna go with some toe clips, without the cage.
Here is a a report (german) of that test (done by stiftung warentest), it is the Decathlon BTwin 940 for 36EUR, so i guess you can either take the Elops 920 or 940, it looks like the just differ in length.
Regarding the pedals: in the linked video one of the guys doesn't like clipless pedals either, but he found the idea of magpeds good. Easy getting out.

Last edited by polyphrast; 08-08-20 at 01:17 AM.
polyphrast is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 02:53 AM
  #18  
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk
 
znomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4,457

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 304 Posts
That's a sweet bike. And love the colour. Given what you've invested already I'd cough up for a dynohub and lights.
znomit is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 09:00 AM
  #19  
fietsbob
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 43,599

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,336 Times in 844 Posts
Cant find them in " Geneva, Switzerland " tried leaving the house & going to a proper bike shop?
fietsbob is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 09:11 AM
  #20  
Norz80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
Cant find them in " Geneva, Switzerland " tried leaving the house & going to a proper bike shop?
Which parts? the pedals and toe-clips Miele Man is talking about ?

And didn't get a chance yet, but will visit a couple shops monday first thing before ordering anything online yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Amazon (or ordering abroad in general) and rather buy local whenever I can find what I want and that the price is fair (which isn't always a given in Switzerland lol).
Norz80 is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 09:17 AM
  #21  
fietsbob
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Posts: 43,599

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,336 Times in 844 Posts
You might save money shopping (in Euros) across the border in any direction, from CH.
fietsbob is offline  
Old 08-08-20, 11:31 AM
  #22  
Miele Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,557

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked 864 Times in 599 Posts
Originally Posted by Norz80 View Post
Which parts? the pedals and toe-clips Miele Man is talking about ?

And didn't get a chance yet, but will visit a couple shops monday first thing before ordering anything online yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Amazon (or ordering abroad in general) and rather buy local whenever I can find what I want and that the price is fair (which isn't always a given in Switzerland lol).
I looked on Google Maps and there seems to be a lot of bicycle shops in Geneva, Switzerland. Surely one of those shops will have decent pedals.

I trried looking on their websites but most of them don't show individual components.

Cheers
Miele Man is offline  
Old 08-10-20, 07:43 AM
  #23  
speedlever
Hills!
 
speedlever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rolling hills of Piedmont NC
Posts: 1,040

Bikes: 2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2005 Marin Novato, Trek 7100

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
As a recent convert to the Varia RTL515, I can't recommend it high enough. The bright, interactive tail light is magnificent. And the overtaking traffic alerts are superb. You can use your cell phone for the alerts if you don't want/have a compatible bike computer. But it ain't cheap.
speedlever is offline  
Old 10-18-20, 05:39 PM
  #24  
hsuBM
jj
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 78 Posts
As a driver with acute ADHD, I can relate to texting and/or stoned/drunk drivers too well, especially in the afternoon when my pill has worn off.

forget cheap blinky lights. They might be fine in bike-heavy towns like Portland or Tokyo, but not where you can drive for an hour and have a 80% chance of seeing no cyclists at all and thus really arenít looking for them.

In typical Ďmerican towns & cities, with blinkies we look like a reflection in a shadow and are written off as such when an average-low intelligence/tired/entitled driver is focusing on other cars, traffic signals, and looking for the next turn to make till 0.5 seconds before weíre ďoh****!Ē-swerve-passed.

Despite being a passionate cyclist, Iím guilty of having way too many of these close calls when Iím in my car.

get a minimum of 500 lumen front light strapped to your helmet and 300 lumen rear light.

I highly recommend Light & Motion Urban 1000 for the front as it is just about as bright as a modern carís DRL, and the Serfas Vulcan 350- again, itís nearly modern car bright. Leave them on steady, set them on low in the dark, on high during the day.

The L&M is only good for about 90 minutes, so it needs to be charged at work if I use it for more than half of my morning ride to guarantee full power use for the whole ride home.

The Serfas, so far, is good running low in the dark morning and high in the sunny afternoon without an at-work charge.
hsuBM is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.