Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Well, I did it. Metric Century for my birthday!

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Well, I did it. Metric Century for my birthday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 05:53 PM
Berry Pie..the Holy Grail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gary,
To paraphrase G. Lemond (I believe)...."It never gets easier, you just get faster". But that's when you push yourself. The thing with fitness is that you recover more quickly, can meet greater demands, have more fun when "pushing it",
find reserves to do things you couldn't do before; if you have a measuring stick ride, your new fitness will show up there. It's a great feeling...trouble is, then you want to be in better shape for even more. LOL

Anyway, yes, D.G., appears you've attained fitness...witnessed by your 62 miles, your crisp recovery ride today, your refreshed attitude, and your bounce back, painfree body. And that's the best applause of all!
Old 10-09-05, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now you need to think about speed and improving MPH.
Lots of Luck
Old 10-09-05, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
DG, you rock !!! That's some good riding for you. Did you throw in the Silver Strand on your loop? It's nice riding along there and listening to the ocean break against the beach.
I've found the advice on walking to be spot on. I walk at work, and the day after a hard ride, all soreness is gone by noon the next day. Don't forget that a mandatory follow-up to a good ride is the soak in that hot bathtub, or hot-tub if you've got one.