Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

First century this year

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

First century this year

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
First century this year

Was at my inlaws cottage to help my wife's 85 year old father with some chores he reluctantly sees he is too old to do. (he nearly fell off the roof trying to change some broken tiles before he asked me and my son for help). Yesterdays weatherforecast foretold a 6 meter per second headwind all the way home. It is a nice ride of around 170 km. Today was sunny but the wind was as strong as predicted so I had a really tough time getting home. Headwinds kills your average speed! I am ashamed to say how many hours I used but it was a nice workout !
Old 04-03-07, 12:13 PM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congratulations!

It's not the time that it took that matters - it's the fact that you did it!!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 04-03-07, 12:21 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Way to go- just jump on a bike and get home- eventually. How many pie stops and were the views worth it.

Spike Milligan
Old 04-03-07, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Way to go- just jump on a bike and get home- eventually. How many pie stops and were the views worth it.
The weather today was beautiful and the views here in Norway are (to me)very nice but the food offered the wayfarer is quite horrific really. I would really like to go touring in England again, I liked your teahouses and countryside pubs. I had some sandwiches to take along and bought two bananas, a chocolate and a hotdog on the road.