Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

DeeGee's n+1

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

DeeGee's n+1

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-08, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DeeGee's n+1

I found your next bike and it's even white.Now the question is will DD let you waste the coin on something for you and not her. https://www.fortebikes.com/Alfine_Bike.htm
Old 11-16-08, 06:26 AM

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
I think that you've done Deege a favor eliminating the need for numerous shopping trips to the LBS. That bike has his name written all over it.

I didn't see anything about price so I suspect it's one of those "If you have to ask" things but that shouldn't be a problem for Deegee. Are termites a problem in San Diego?
Old 11-16-08, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually after a good nights sleep,I realized that the bike in mention is way to classy a ride for him,now DD on the other hand....
Old 11-16-08, 12:47 PM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am verklept.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 11-16-08, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Allow me to include this bike in the competition for the sought-after position of DeeGee's n+1.

Our men's chorus gave a concert this afternoon in Harrison, AR, about 70 miles east of here through the Ozarks. Most of the crew rode a chartered bus over, but I have been recovering from a sinus infection and decided to spare my brethren and drive over. About half way between here and there, I saw this bike and thought but one thought, DeeGee. I stopped immediately and got the shot.

You can tell it would be perfect for him. It's an avant-garde, designer creation suitable for a leading southern California professional. Classic but sturdy lines for California traffic, a basket for those runs to the farmer's market, simple but highly functional pedals, a greatly visible, custom paint job, custom wheels, designer tires, and a boutique saddle. This bike is truly one-of-a-kind. Not just anyone would be a suitable owner/rider of this fine example of cycling excellence.