Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Hammertime teaser

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Hammertime teaser

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 12:38 PM
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Hammertime teaser

Hammertime is done at last. It's no lightweight at 29.5 lbs but its built for slightly rougher terrain than I usually ride. This is a mudder. 1 x 9 gearing simplifies things as much as I want to.......no single speed here.

You can see this project coming together in the area 57 album at my profile page. The pictures load by time and date, so go to the last and work your way back to see them in order.

https://www.bikeforums.net/members/maddmaxx-8405.html

Last edited by maddmaxx; 06-01-09 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-29-08, 01:29 PM
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I like it.

Break it down!

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 12-29-08, 02:35 PM

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Cool!

It's kind of interesting to see a photo with something other than a white garage door background too. The patch of snow is perfect given the intended use of this bike.
Old 12-29-08, 02:40 PM
Boomer

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
I like it.

Break it down!
You can't touch this Tom!
Old 12-29-08, 02:44 PM
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Looks great, but isn't the saddle too far forward and too nose-down? Whatever, maybe you like it that way.

Not sure I would have gone with red pedals considering the otherwise black/gray colors, but I guess the red allows you to find the pedals more easily should your feet fly off.

Otherwise, looks like the perfect set-up for off-road adventures! Esp. like the disc brakes and substantial fenders (mud-guards).

Rick / OCRR
Old 12-29-08, 02:53 PM
Boomer

Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
Looks great, but isn't the saddle too far forward and too nose-down? Whatever, maybe you like it that way.

Not sure I would have gone with red pedals considering the otherwise black/gray colors, but I guess the red allows you to find the pedals more easily should your feet fly off.

Otherwise, looks like the perfect set-up for off-road adventures! Esp. like the disc brakes and substantial fenders (mud-guards).

Rick / OCRR
Your right, the check ride came after these pictures and the saddle is no longer in that position. Lots of small adjustments on the first ride, seatpost height changes, another stem angle change etc.

The red pedals were laying around in the shop and were picked because of the first project name that Louis gave me....."Devo"....
Old 12-29-08, 03:40 PM

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Really nice looking bike. Looking forward to some ride reports and "action shots" in the future.

Looking at the detailed pics in your profile reminded me how little I know about off-road biking components (disc brakes, suspension forks, single-ring cranksets).