Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bikes spotted at a custom car show

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-09, 10:42 PM

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Work took me to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas last week (SEMA is the trade organization for manufacturers who make/sell performance parts and accessories for cars and light trucks). Besides the companies displaying their wares, there are always tons of custom cars in and around the show. Some are modified for the show; some are just on display.

I spotted a few this year w/bikes.

Here's a pretty cool hauler for a single custom bike:

This truck was in the Toyota booth. It's a highly modified truck for hauling mountain bikes and playing video games:

The big flat panel TV allows you to stand in back of the truck and see what the gamers inside the truck are doing; you can also watch a DVD from back there:

This shot shows how you can play a game from inside the cab of the truck:

While not bike-related, I also enjoyed this deep-snow version of a Subaru Outback...

Old 11-07-09, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool, I've been to such shows. I saw bikes once as well. Figures Subaru participated.
The Hot Rods alone are amazing. So much to see. Not car folks can enjoy all of it.
Old 11-08-09, 09:51 AM
Old Fart Racing

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 6.9 disc D/A Di2

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really wanted to go to SEMA this year...ended up moving my mother in-law to assisted living. Oh well, there's always next year...but I did get to go to Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas. I took these pics from the stage while we were waiting to bid on a Hemi Cuda that was coming up.

Old 11-08-09, 10:52 AM
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Lucky boy! I've gone to SEMA in years past. It's the best candy store in the world. Never saw bikes when I was there. Nice to see that bikes are becoming cool.

With big rims all the rage, I'm surprised that it took them so long to realize that cyclists have been rolling on 27 and 29" rims for years longer than cars.

On Car Domains, they also had a pic of these carbon fiber folders in the background.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 11-08-09 at 11:05 AM.