Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Still Commuting....

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Still Commuting....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-10, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Still Commuting....

We've had a couple of freezes, it's been cold and very rainy...but I'm still commuting. I'm sitting at about 70% right now, that's 70% of my work days commuting by bike for the year. I'm hoping to make it right up to the Christmas Holidays before I start to occasionaly drive to work. Maybe I'll make it, or maybe I'll wimp out. It's really no big deal either way I guess, just so long as I enjoy myself. I'm sure I won't be able to commute as much as TSL does.

Tomorrow I get to pack my bike in the Van and ride home from Ziebart, then back to pick up the Van in the afternoon. They are not calling for rain tomorrow...go figure.

I rode to my doctor's appointment on Monday, much to his suprise. He was impressed that I had lost a little weight. My blood pressure is pretty good and my resting heart rate of 60 bpm blew his mind. We decided to blame the positive results on the 4000 miles I cycled this season. Speaking of minds, I finally scheduled my brain scan (you all call it a colonoscopy). It's Jan. 3rd. I figure I may as well start the year out with a clean.....slate.

Last edited by cranky old dude; 11-09-10 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-09-10, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
You and TSL are both animals. Can't imagine commuting in the weather conditions you guys get up there. My helmet is off to you!
Old 11-10-10, 06:31 AM
commuter and barbarian

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Good for you. Maybe you'll roll through the end of the year and forget to stop.