Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   ****ing bicyclist, you little **** I'm going to come over and kick your ****ing butt (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/767363-ing-bicyclist-you-little-im-going-come-over-kick-your-ing-butt.html)

BengeBoy 09-14-11 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 13225774)
Good point. Is there any way to know what this guy's political leanings are? Maybe he just belongs to his own Ass Hole Party Of One.

:)

There are a fair number of market research studies on the web that report that there is a pretty high correlation between vehicle type and political leanings. Particularly pickups.

Rather than further inflame this thread, I'll just assume everyone here knows how to use Google.

Have fun!

PAlt 09-14-11 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by MNRon (Post 13226243)
Thank you... I totally agree.

You're welcome...Glad somebody "got it", not sure all did.

zacster 09-14-11 05:56 PM

I think I'll stay off of Seattle area roads. ;)

If you ever come to NYC, bring your Davidson. We can ride where it's safe and solidly blue, yesterday's election notwithstanding.

Hey, that was post #3000 for me!!!! I should spend as much time on my bike.

Pluto 09-14-11 07:42 PM

I never ride without some type weapon...either edged or my Kel-Tec PF9. One never knows when you might have to defend yourself against a crazed poodle or something. I ride very early before sunrise and don't expect trouble but prepared if it happens.

crawstuff 09-14-11 08:29 PM

I wear earphones when i ride (yes i know it can be dangerous) so i assume the words shouted at me are words of encouragement. However, the OP encountered a bully, in most cases these guys are tough right up until they encounter someone who doesn't back down. I would also posit that after the guy in the pickup almost ran a little girl down due to inattentive driving, was looking to assuage his conscience for having had his head voluntarily in his third point of contact, by finding someone else to blame.

woodway 09-14-11 09:07 PM

Hey Benge - my son is a Seattle Police Officer. I forwarded him your story.photo and he said you should call and report it right away - a description of the vehicle is helpful, but a plate number is best. He says that they can put alerts out for this kind of behaviour and officers will be on the lookout for the vehicle. They won't stop it unless they see some sort of law being broken, but they may follow it to see what the driver is up to.

mikepwagner 09-14-11 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 13211541)
Since there is no other car traffic, I pull a U-turn on my bike and start to pursue him. I get close enough to him that I hope I can get good pictures of his truck. I pull over to the side, and hold my cell phone up high -- high enough that I hope he can see me -- while I take pictures of his truck.

Purposefully provoking mentally disturbed strangers seems may seem like - and be in the most part - a amusing and gentle hobby. It could also be a little more entertainment than you bargained for. :)

Eventually, you may find someone just a little crazier than you think they are - or someone with less to lose than you think. A long time ago, I managed a bar that had a rough clientele occasionally.

I began to understand that there were people for whom a night in jail meant better food and more peace and quiet than a night at home. I also began to understand that there were people who more or less assumed that they would be incarcerated pretty regularly, and didn't really care which charges it was this time.

Maybe domestic violence this time, maybe assault next time? Maybe strong arm robbery this time, maybe DUI next time? Didn't seem to make a lot of difference to some of those guys.

I like the attitude of a million mile BMW motorcycle owner quoted on another thread, "Just passing through."

oilman_15106 09-14-11 10:24 PM

Had one of these the other day. Turning left on a busy road. Swung into the middle and signaled my turn. Could not make the turn due to 2 cars approaching at about 40mph. Guy behind me passes on the right. He was on a crotch rocket cycle and as he passes screams at me while giving the middle finger salute.

I returned the gesture and made my turn. He slams on the brakes and starts screaming obscenities. I stopped and told him to come over to me and make his words stand. All this time he has his motorcycle stopped in the middle of a busy road. As he sped off at 3x the speed limit, I just wondered how long it would be until the guy makes the papers - obit section.

World is full of a holes and it has nothing to do with political party of choice.

Neil_B 09-14-11 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 13226985)

There are a fair number of market research studies on the web that report that there is a pretty high correlation between vehicle type and political leanings.

http://newsbusters.org/node/10951

bruce19 09-15-11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by oilman_15106 (Post 13228347)

World is full of a holes and it has nothing to do with political party of choice.

Not true. They all believe in the "other" political party/philosophy. :)

Wogster 09-15-11 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by BengeBoy (Post 13226985)

There are a fair number of market research studies on the web that report that there is a pretty high correlation between vehicle type and political leanings. Particularly pickups.

Rather than further inflame this thread, I'll just assume everyone here knows how to use Google.

Have fun!

That must be an American thing, because you don't see it as much here in Canada, there are jerks associated with all political parties here, and most of them are running for office....

stapfam 09-15-11 07:43 AM

Rode into the LBS this morning and just before I got there- I had a Driver of an SUV swerve at me and swear at me. He then slowed down in front of me and when I went to overtake him he pulled across on me. Swearing at me at the same time.

Chased him down in traffic- caught him at some lights and gave him a warning- If he opened his door his NEW paintwork was going to get damaged so he had better listen. I told him that he was being a **** and if he wants to abuse other road users- then make certain that he does it in a County where the Chief Constable does not Ride a Bike himself. He will be reported and expect the warning from the Police and he will be required to show his Licence and Vehicle details. From that his Insurance Company will also be informed so expect his insurance premium to go up for his aggressive Nature behind the wheel. I then rode off and he sat there fuming I should think.

Got back to the LBS and One of the customers asked me if I caught the driver. Told him what had happened and he agreed with what I did even though he thought a bike against a car was stupid. He awaits my report to go into the police and he will correberate all that he saw which was the Driver acting aggressively against me. No need to take his name as he will be reporting it himself in his position as an "Off Duty Traffic Officer."

Retribution done. Just hope I got the registration right that I wrote on my hand.

Neil_B 09-15-11 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wogster (Post 13229060)
That must be an American thing, because you don't see it as much here in Canada, there are jerks associated with all political parties here, and most of them are running for office....

It could be projection on the part of the OP.

Doohickie 09-15-11 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by CB HI (Post 13226207)
I am pretty sure only democrats use meth.

wut?

Doohickie 09-15-11 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pluto (Post 13227591)
I never ride without some type weapon...either edged or my Kel-Tec PF9. One never knows when you might have to defend yourself against a crazed poodle or something. I ride very early before sunrise and don't expect trouble but prepared if it happens.

A loaded water bottle has been more than adequate for my personal protection needs to date.

missjean 09-15-11 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 13229349)
Rode into the LBS this morning and just before I got there- I had a Driver of an SUV swerve at me and swear at me. He then slowed down in front of me and when I went to overtake him he pulled across on me. Swearing at me at the same time.

Chased him down in traffic- caught him at some lights and gave him a warning- If he opened his door his NEW paintwork was going to get damaged so he had better listen. I told him that he was being a **** and if he wants to abuse other road users- then make certain that he does it in a County where the Chief Constable does not Ride a Bike himself. He will be reported and expect the warning from the Police and he will be required to show his Licence and Vehicle details. From that his Insurance Company will also be informed so expect his insurance premium to go up for his aggressive Nature behind the wheel. I then rode off and he sat there fuming I should think.

Got back to the LBS and One of the customers asked me if I caught the driver. Told him what had happened and he agreed with what I did even though he thought a bike against a car was stupid. He awaits my report to go into the police and he will correberate all that he saw which was the Driver acting aggressively against me. No need to take his name as he will be reporting it himself in his position as an "Off Duty Traffic Officer."

Retribution done. Just hope I got the registration right that I wrote on my hand.

:thumb:

BengeBoy 09-15-11 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neil_B (Post 13229515)
It could be projection on the part of the OP.

I don't know what your referring to. I didn't project any political affiliation on the driver of the pickup (go back and re-read my post). The political discussion broke out later.

Here in King County, Washington, a majority of voters are Democrats so if you encounter a random person the odds are he/she is a democrat. On the "East Side," where this incident occurred, more people are Republican, so you might change your assumption. The "political affiliation by vehicle type" studies that I alluded to above (as a point of humor, not seriousness) would suggest that odds are that a driver of an American pickup truck is a Republican. So, my own personal guess would be that the driver is either a Democrat, a Republican, or "doesn't care and doesn't vote."