Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

TDF thread. Rules for spoilers

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 06-30-12, 03:05 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Some one is going to do it and in the past I was guilty after forgetting that you are 6 hours behind us over here and others may have to watch by a recording.

So just a simple request is that IF you have to comment on the result of the days racing- then head your thread with "SPOILER"

And just to spoil it for some of us--Didn't see too many "White" bikes today. Maybe the colour has gone out of fashion--Or perhaps I was looking to see how some of the sprinters that came to the fore last year were going to fare up against Mark.

Spike Milligan
Old 06-30-12, 03:46 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Why not just post in the pro forum, which is designed for the purpose? It seems daft to have TdF threads in half the forums on BF.
Old 06-30-12, 05:51 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Originally Posted by chasm54
Why not just post in the pro forum, which is designed for the purpose? It seems daft to have TdF threads in half the forums on BF.
Retired folks are daft.......get over it.

Old 07-01-12, 12:08 AM
Dharma Dog

Bikes: Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm not even retired yet and I'm daft.

Luis
Old 07-01-12, 12:23 AM
Dharma Dog

Bikes: Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Oh, and I'm assuming it's no longer a spoiler after 12 hours have passed since the finish of that day's stage? So if you post after about 9 pm Eastern/6 pm Pacific Daylight Time (basically the next day in Europe), then you're OK? Doesn't NBC or TSN2(Canada) run their daily roundup at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific?

I've always thought that this "spoiler" thing was kinda weird. I mean, who cares? If you listen to the news on the radio, you'll probably hear the day's result anyway. Why should it detract from your enjoyment of watching your delayed video if you already know who won? It seems to me more an imposition on others to restrict their ability to express their perspectives because of someone's selfishness. Is it realistic to live in a bubble? Where is the onus? And I'm not asking in a rhetorical, mean-spirited way (which one could easily construe from just reading the words). I'm interested in people's perspectives on the issue of spoilers.

Luis
Old 07-01-12, 12:38 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I know I am an avid fan of the TDF and will be watching it Live on TV as often as I can. But there will be a few occasions when I will have to watch a recording and I will avoid any sports news or even open up the BBC channel on the computer till I have watched that recording. Nothing worse than watching something that you know the result of.

Spike Milligan