Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

upload tool blocking photos

Old 06-24-23, 06:35 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Pottstown, PA: 30 miles NW of Philadelphia
Posts: 2,148

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 376 Posts
upload tool blocking photos

I've uploaded many photos over the years, multiple photos/post several times. No issues until this past week. The upload tool, accessed via the "mountain and moon" icon or via "go advanced" and "manage attachments" tool has suddenly started failing. I can upload one photo then when I try to drag the next photo into the tool it just opens the photo (like its opening a pdf file) and stops. I cannot back out nor cancel. I have to kill the post. I've been lucky to start again and restore saved content but the upload tool still will not allow a second nor third photo. The fault persisted if I logged out and logged back in. It persisted if I tried creating the reply post again from scratch. It worked OK the next day. Today, I quit, closed the window for several hours, logged back in and tried again. But just one photo

It took me several days to upload 4 photos to complete a repair thread.

Please advise.
Prowler is offline  
Old 06-25-23, 07:14 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
indyfabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,117
Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17755 Post(s)
Liked 14,101 Times in 6,693 Posts
Itís been freezing on me the last couple of days. Even the Cancel option stops working. I have to exit the forum completely then come back to get any functionality.
indyfabz is offline  
Old 06-26-23, 07:02 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Pottstown, PA: 30 miles NW of Philadelphia
Posts: 2,148

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 376 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Itís been freezing on me the last couple of days. Even the Cancel option stops working. I have to exit the forum completely then come back to get any functionality.
Thatís my experience. Except it does not improve if I log out then right back in. Iíve had to wait some unknown number of hours. Ugh.
Prowler is offline  
Old 06-26-23, 09:05 AM
  #4  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
I've uploaded many photos over the years, multiple photos/post several times. No issues until this past week. The upload tool, accessed via the "mountain and moon" icon or via "go advanced" and "manage attachments" tool has suddenly started failing. I can upload one photo then when I try to drag the next photo into the tool it just opens the photo (like its opening a pdf file) and stops. I cannot back out nor cancel. I have to kill the post. I've been lucky to start again and restore saved content but the upload tool still will not allow a second nor third photo. The fault persisted if I logged out and logged back in. It persisted if I tried creating the reply post again from scratch. It worked OK the next day. Today, I quit, closed the window for several hours, logged back in and tried again. But just one photo

It took me several days to upload 4 photos to complete a repair thread.

Please advise.
What browser and device are you using?
IBkatherine is offline  
Old 06-26-23, 04:01 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Pottstown, PA: 30 miles NW of Philadelphia
Posts: 2,148

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 376 Posts
Originally Posted by IBkatherine
What browser and device are you using?
macOS latest Monterey. Safari browser, latest version supported by Monterey.

I can get the actual version numbers if you like. Thanks for your help.
Prowler is offline  
Old 06-26-23, 04:28 PM
  #6  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
macOS latest Monterey. Safari browser, latest version supported by Monterey.

I can get the actual version numbers if you like. Thanks for your help.
Can you try to post some photos again? It may be an issue that was related to all of the firefox issues people were experiencing. Tech turned something off to fix all of that, so I want to see if it also fixed your problem. If it still does not work, can you please clear all of your cache for the site?
IBkatherine is offline  
Old 06-27-23, 07:27 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Pottstown, PA: 30 miles NW of Philadelphia
Posts: 2,148

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 376 Posts
Originally Posted by IBkatherine
Can you try to post some photos again? It may be an issue that was related to all of the firefox issues people were experiencing. Tech turned something off to fix all of that, so I want to see if it also fixed your problem. If it still does not work, can you please clear all of your cache for the site?
You got it. Thanks. I started a test reply and was able to upload 3 photos sequentially. Just like the old days. I deleted the test post but it all looks OK now.
Prowler is offline  
Likes For Prowler:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.