Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

I was just riding along today...

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

I was just riding along today...

Old 06-09-05, 12:07 AM
  #1  
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
Thread Starter
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,534

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I was just riding along today...

With two lanes of traffic on my left. It was a perfect day today. A car with two kids in it slowly passed me. The passenger squirted me with a squirt gun. A small one, I almost did not notice the small stream. Then they accelerated away. I could see the driver looking in the mirror at me and trying to drive away quickly. But, they were stuck in the right lane at a red light. So, I held up my huge water bottle that is bigger than the Zefal magnums and smiled at him. The driver panicked and moved to the left lane, I moved to the left lane. He moved to the left turn lane, I moved to the left turn lane. Then as I got closer I could see the passenger in a total panic leaning over the back seat and rolling up the windows as fast as he could. When he was finished with the windows on the right side of the car I moved to the left side of the lane as I got closer. He was practically falling over the seat trying to roll up the back window on the left in a complete panic. He fell over into the back seat. Now I'm laughing and still holding up my bottle. As I got to about a car length away I started to coast and the light changed and he burned rubber and took off in a cloud of dust.

Good thing they did not know my water bottle was empty.

I had a great day today.
2manybikes is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 12:11 AM
  #2  
PWRDbyTRD
Toyota Racing Dev.
 
PWRDbyTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN baby!
Posts: 3,339

Bikes: 2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice!!!!!
PWRDbyTRD is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 12:21 AM
  #3  
forum*rider
Work hard, Play hard
 
forum*rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 2,596

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahahaha

Good story 2manybikes, sounds like you had some fun on your ride
forum*rider is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 12:59 AM
  #4  
Machka 
In Real Life
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Down under down under
Posts: 51,399

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2851 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
I love it!!


And it reminds me ...

A friend of mine told me this story:

He was cycling home from work, and on the way, he reached down and grabbed his bottle to take a drink. While the bottle was still in one hand ... all of a sudden a pickup truck crossed the road right in front of him ... and it happened all at once ... split second timing ...

He jammed on the brakes with the non-bottle hand ... lurched forward from the sudden stopping motion ... squeezed the bottle in the other hand (a reflex action) ... and the water shot through the open window of the pickup truck nailing the occupants inside.
Machka is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 06:40 AM
  #5  
rule
Senior Member
 
rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL...now that's funny!
rule is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 08:00 AM
  #6  
Delta
Senior Member
 
Delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 164

Bikes: N/A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Revenge is sweet. I love it.
Delta is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:02 AM
  #7  
Marylandnewbie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,701

Bikes: Fuji Supreme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Excellent way to start the day and you didn't even have to do anything!! I hope the rest of your day goes as well.
Marylandnewbie is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:19 AM
  #8  
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Posts: 3,925

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
heehee!! Schweet!!
__________________
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:25 AM
  #9  
seely
The Rabbi
 
seely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My friends dad was on his motorcycle and had the same thing happen recently. The driver thought it was funny until he pulled out his police badge!
seely is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:26 AM
  #10  
DonD
Senior Member
 
DonD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 128

Bikes: '07 Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What a great story. That was awesome.

- Don
DonD is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:27 AM
  #11  
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
Thread Starter
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,534

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by seely
My friends dad was on his motorcycle and had the same thing happen recently. The driver thought it was funny until he pulled out his police badge!

LOL
2manybikes is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:29 AM
  #12  
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
Thread Starter
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,534

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
I love it!!


And it reminds me ...

A friend of mine told me this story:

He was cycling home from work, and on the way, he reached down and grabbed his bottle to take a drink. While the bottle was still in one hand ... all of a sudden a pickup truck crossed the road right in front of him ... and it happened all at once ... split second timing ...

He jammed on the brakes with the non-bottle hand ... lurched forward from the sudden stopping motion ... squeezed the bottle in the other hand (a reflex action) ... and the water shot through the open window of the pickup truck nailing the occupants inside.
That's just as good,even if it was not planned.
2manybikes is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 09:46 AM
  #13  
operator
cab horn
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,321

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lol Owned.
operator is offline  
Old 06-09-05, 10:47 AM
  #14  
Portis
Banned.
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Home alone
Posts: 6,020

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
With two lanes of traffic on my left. It was a perfect day today. A car with two kids in it slowly passed me. The passenger squirted me with a squirt gun. A small one, I almost did not notice the small stream. Then they accelerated away. I could see the driver looking in the mirror at me and trying to drive away quickly. But, they were stuck in the right lane at a red light. So, I held up my huge water bottle that is bigger than the Zefal magnums and smiled at him. The driver panicked and moved to the left lane, I moved to the left lane. He moved to the left turn lane, I moved to the left turn lane. Then as I got closer I could see the passenger in a total panic leaning over the back seat and rolling up the windows as fast as he could. When he was finished with the windows on the right side of the car I moved to the left side of the lane as I got closer. He was practically falling over the seat trying to roll up the back window on the left in a complete panic. He fell over into the back seat. Now I'm laughing and still holding up my bottle. As I got to about a car length away I started to coast and the light changed and he burned rubber and took off in a cloud of dust.

Good thing they did not know my water bottle was empty.

I had a great day today.
What on earth were you all squirting at each other? Sounds like it must have been skunk urine for all of the commotion you both went through.
Portis is offline  
Old 06-10-05, 10:26 AM
  #15  
chris_pnoy
ride like theres not 2mrw
 
chris_pnoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 385

Bikes: Trek Bruiser 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh man those sound like great stories...
chris_pnoy is offline  
Old 06-10-05, 10:31 AM
  #16  
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM
 
slvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 15,762

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
All the more reason to keep some HF acid in a teflon bottle. A couple grams through the window should be enough to kill off most of the occupants inside through massive cardiac arrest.
slvoid is offline  
Old 06-10-05, 12:05 PM
  #17  
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
Thread Starter
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,534

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by slvoid
All the more reason to keep some HF acid in a teflon bottle. A couple grams through the window should be enough to kill off most of the occupants inside through massive cardiac arrest.




Note to myself: If driving in NYC

1) keep away from all bikes with blue tape hanging from the seat.
2) If slvoid is spotted stop, turn around, go other way.
3) If thirsty don't accept drink from slvoid's water bottle.
2manybikes is offline  
Old 06-10-05, 12:23 PM
  #18  
SpiderMike
eert a ekil yzarc
 
SpiderMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pasadena TX
Posts: 2,560

Bikes: many bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2manybikes, you not only share the road, but willing to share your water. Wish you had one of those helmet cams.
SpiderMike is offline  
Old 06-10-05, 10:30 PM
  #19  
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
Thread Starter
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,534

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SpiderMike
2manybikes, you not only share the road, but willing to share your water. Wish you had one of those helmet cams.
ME TOO !!

My digital camera actually takes two minute movies, and I did ride with it mounted on the handlebars for a while. But, of course when you have the camera ready, nothing happens. As soon as I took it off all sorts of things started crossing the road in front of me. Deer, coyotes etc. I left the camera home today for the first time in ages, and saw a turtle almost as big as my 700c wheel. I sort of guided him out of the road.
2manybikes is offline  
Old 06-11-05, 05:30 AM
  #20  
mtnbiker66
Old School Rad
 
mtnbiker66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The old Mountains
Posts: 8,206

Bikes: Blur LT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow 2manybikes, such a story makes me go..................
__________________
Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......
mtnbiker66 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Ursa Minor
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
0
04-17-13 07:18 PM
JAX_11
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing
9
07-15-12 10:53 AM
jimmuller
Classic & Vintage
19
03-18-11 06:10 PM
Clordio
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
0
07-10-08 09:29 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.