Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Podiatrist appointment

Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Podiatrist appointment

Old 02-21-24, 06:36 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
plumberroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,107

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Podiatrist appointment

Just love the doctor casually say, we'll break this bone grind this part down fuse it with plates then break this bone on the other side, and.......
plumberroy is offline  
Old 02-22-24, 07:36 AM
  #2  
Full Member
 
boozergut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 494

Bikes: Kona Dew, Gary Fisher Paragon, Salsa Campeon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 80 Posts
I like them in that they do the same work day after day. I had a toenail that was going to be removed by my GP. He laid out all of the instruments then chickened out at the last minute. My podiatrist "got it done" quickly and without any hesitation.
boozergut is offline  
Old 04-02-24, 10:06 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
plumberroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,107

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Well I am down for a while they did the surgery yesterday. I've had 2 surgeries on my right foot this was the left. It was a little more involved. I got around fine on crutches last time but I have a little more difficulty today. My wife ordered a knee scooter .
plumberroy is offline  
Old 04-02-24, 10:21 AM
  #4  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 492

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by plumberroy
Well I am down for a while they did the surgery yesterday. I've had 2 surgeries on my right foot this was the left. It was a little more involved. I got around fine on crutches last time but I have a little more difficulty today. My wife ordered a knee scooter .
Eek! Is this for bunions or something? My feet have been hurting lately, and I'm beginning to think I need to shift my FSA spending from top (teeth) to bottom (feet).
Chinghis is offline  
Old 04-02-24, 12:32 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
plumberroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,107

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Chinghis
Eek! Is this for bunions or something? My feet have been hurting lately, and I'm beginning to think I need to shift my FSA spending from top (teeth) to bottom (feet).
Bunions with complications from gout/arthritis. I didn't know that you could get bunions of the little toe side until I started seeing the podiatrist. Definitely cutting into my riding this spring
I have had similar surgery on my right foot. I switched to wide mountain bike pedals last year
plumberroy is offline  
Old 04-02-24, 01:15 PM
  #6  
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 492

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by plumberroy
Bunions with complications from gout/arthritis. I didn't know that you could get bunions of the little toe side until I started seeing the podiatrist. Definitely cutting into my riding this spring
I have had similar surgery on my right foot. I switched to wide mountain bike pedals last year
Got it, thanks. I had a lot of foot pain last year and thought it was gout, but a blood test confirmed it wasn't. Something to keep in mind, however. Good luck with your recovery!
Chinghis is offline  
Old 04-06-24, 03:05 PM
  #7  
Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Adirondacks
Posts: 335

Bikes: 2018 Diverge Comp, 2016 Specialized SL4 Comp,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
I'm sorry , but every time I hear of a Podiatrist I think of this joke. Shamelessly stolen from an NPR Podcast.

A moth enters a Podiatrist's office one evening. Podiatrist asks how he can be of service. Moth begins a diatribe about how miserable his life is. "I hate my job, been there for 15 years, the boss treats me like vermin, gives me the most menial of assignments, haven't had a raise in 5 years, new hires bypass for promotions. I'm so unhappy."

The Podiatrist offers sympathy but asks if there's anything he can help with. Moth replies " And then I go home to a wife that's been watching daytime tv all afternoon, drinking wine and is unhappy with me for doing nothing around the house, as if I've the time. So, I do some laundry, cook dinner and clean up afterwards. No matter how hard I try she's unhappy with me. I lay in bed next to her and know that I no longer love her and wonder why I stay."

Podiatrist replies that he is a foot Dr. and is there anything foot related he can help with. Moth goes on "I get up and make breakfast for my teenagers who won't even talk to me. Their faces are in their phones, they make fun of my clothes and are so ungrateful, my life is horrible."

Podiatrist is tiring of this and explains that the moths problems are better told to a Therapist or a Psychiatrist and rather bluntly asks "Why did you come here?"

The moth, a bit incredulous replies "well, the light was on!"
Champlaincycler is offline  
Likes For Champlaincycler:
Old 04-14-24, 11:14 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
plumberroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,107

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Champlaincycler
I'm sorry , but every time I hear of a Podiatrist I think of this joke. Shamelessly stolen from an NPR Podcast.

A moth enters a Podiatrist's office one evening. Podiatrist asks how he can be of service. Moth begins a diatribe about how miserable his life is. "I hate my job, been there for 15 years, the boss treats me like vermin, gives me the most menial of assignments, haven't had a raise in 5 years, new hires bypass for promotions. I'm so unhappy."

The Podiatrist offers sympathy but asks if there's anything he can help with. Moth replies " And then I go home to a wife that's been watching daytime tv all afternoon, drinking wine and is unhappy with me for doing nothing around the house, as if I've the time. So, I do some laundry, cook dinner and clean up afterwards. No matter how hard I try she's unhappy with me. I lay in bed next to her and know that I no longer love her and wonder why I stay."

Podiatrist replies that he is a foot Dr. and is there anything foot related he can help with. Moth goes on "I get up and make breakfast for my teenagers who won't even talk to me. Their faces are in their phones, they make fun of my clothes and are so ungrateful, my life is horrible."

Podiatrist is tiring of this and explains that the moths problems are better told to a Therapist or a Psychiatrist and rather bluntly asks "Why did you come here?"

The moth, a bit incredulous replies "well, the light was on!"
Boo
​​​​​​
plumberroy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.