Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Przewalski Testimonials

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Przewalski Testimonials

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-20, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
I have the 4D and I love them, just got through with another ride. That is the one problem at least with the 4D, I do not know about the 3D. The legs ride up significantly. They look good, have a nice wide leg band and small silicone grippers inside the leg band, but they ride up quite a bit. There is an inseam that runs all the way through the leg band. I gathered leg band material on both sides of the inseam and sewed a hem in the leg band on the inside and outside to tighten the compression of the leg band. This stopped almost all of the leg rise. There may be a more sophisticated way to do it by sewing in wider,thicker silicone grippers. Maybe someone could tell you. But don't let this issue stop you from getting the shorts. They are phenomenal and their compression increases as you where them. Just come up with your own solution for the leg rise and you are set with the greatest value in shorts on the market at $27.99. I would compare them with any $100 shorts on the market...Thanks,mjac
Thanks for all your advice mjac. I'll give 'em a try.
Old 02-29-20, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by alandmor
Thanks for all your advice mjac. I'll give 'em a try.
You will not regret it. Some real experienced guys like the 3D better then the 4D and they are less expensive. I only have experience with the 4D. In dealing with the 4D they have size ranges like L - 29.9"-33.9. My waiste measures 39" and I have the L which fits me perfectly. So I got shorts which are 4.1" smaller then the maximum range on the size chart then my actual waiste measurement. Keep this in mind. The shorts have to fit tight to work. Using this go on Amazon Prime and order the absolute smallest shorts you think you can fit into and the next size up. Send back the one you don't want free with Prime.If you want to be adventuress, you could do this with the 3D and the 4D. You are going to love them. I have found the compression actually increases the more you wear them and wash them. Post something up when you sort it out. Good Company,I want to support them.
Old 02-29-20, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Liked 1,391 Times in 730 Posts
Where are Przewalski shorts made? China? USA? Mars?
Old 06-06-20, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Finally got to try a pair of Przewalski 4D, 3/4 length, cycling bibs, size 2XL. After all the good reviews I read about Przelwalski, I really wanted to like these bibs. There's a lot I do like (the material, fit, leg grippers shoulder traps). except for one thing. The pad needs to be moved forward about 2". As is, it's too far back and doesn't cover any pressure points you want it to, at least for me. 6'2", 198lbs. Most of the other less than favorable reviews on Amazon also mention this. Ended up returning them. Sigh.
Old 06-06-20, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Where are Przewalski shorts made? China? USA? Mars?
Like everything else - China.
Old 08-04-21, 11:39 AM
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 2,116 Times in 1,379 Posts
I got the 4D ones with the red pad. They are chafing me. Not where the saddle meets the pants, but on the outer edge of the pad in the butt cheek / thigh crease.
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 08-04-21, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
I have 2 pair of bibs w/the 4D pad and cell phone pockets on the legs. I love them. Great value and the cell phone pocket is genius. Some of the alphabet soup cycling clothing on Amazon is pretty good. Bought some Bbptti (yes thats the brand) base layers and they're awesome. Great snug fit and nice material. Again great value for $$.
Old 08-05-21, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by joeruge
Just got a pair of the 3D based on the praises here. I'm about 6' tall, 175 lbs. Waist is about 34...okay, 35. Ordered the medium, normally I'd get a large. They seem well made, nice pad for the price of $20. I suppose fit is personal. I found the medium a bit too tight - okay for the compression affect, but quite tight around my thighs - not that I have big thighs. I would probably keep them but I prefer a higher rise and a longer inseam. The BALEF 3D shorts, also on Amazon and costing just a bit more gives me that, in a large. I do like the pad in these Przewalski shorts. I will return these and see if a large is a little more comfortable. Will report back
Pretty much same size as you. Ordered the 3D in Large. They seemed just a tiny bit large, I might try the medium if I order again. Perhaps that is because the material is not quite as compressive as the more expensive options. I do like the pad.

Overall, a super value for $30 and would recommend.
Old 08-06-21, 07:17 AM

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
I recently bought a pair of Przewalski 4D Bike Shorts and absolutely loved them and consider them at $27.99 to be the best value in Bike Shorts you can buy.

What Przewalski Products did you buy and what did you think of them...Thanks,mjac
For sure...the best bib for the money.

​​​​love my pair...well made comfy look nice half the cost of others...more than half.
Old 08-06-21, 08:16 AM

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Veloce eTap, Poseidon X, Cannondale F5,

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
I have both the 3D and the 4D. Both serve me well and were dirt cheap. Hard to complain about them unless you're chaffing.
Old 08-14-21, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 75 Posts
Based on this thread I ordered some bibs. In Pearl Izumi and REI bibs I am a XXL. I ordered L in these bibs in 4D. It is a snug fit but fine. I like the pad. I will try to long legged winter ones next.

Mike
Old 08-14-21, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Are Przewalski and QUALIDYNE the same company? When you go to their store on Amazon, the others products show up.
Old 08-15-21, 02:17 PM
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
Are Przewalski and QUALIDYNE the same company? When you go to their store on Amazon, the others products show up.
Possibly an associated brand, perhaps made in the same factory. At least some Przewalski and Spotti shorts and bibs were made in the same factory -- I have some Spotti bibs and the pad is labeled Przewalski. The overall design, fabric, fit, etc., are very similar.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 08-15-21, 02:23 PM
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Add Cerotipolar to the list of outstanding values in shorts and bibs, alongside Przewalski. I tried a pair of Cerotipolar long inseam compression cycling shorts with mesh side pockets a few months ago and they're excellent. They fit my skinny legs even better, and the length suits me better -- my thighs are a bit disproportionately long, and most shorts and bibs fit me like short-shorts, mid-thigh rather than reaching closer to the knee. But the Cerotipolar fits properly. The pad is very resilient and wicks sweat very well.

Subject to change at manufacturer whim. The current lineup of Przewalski bibs are still very good values, but they no longer use the distinctive Dupont CoolMax 3D pad that they used in 2018. The current pad is the sculpted type used by most makers, but still very good. The thigh hem fits me a bit better now too, although it's still slightly short on me.