Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Dura-Ace cassette replacement

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Dura-Ace cassette replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-22, 06:32 AM
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Sounds as if the new cassette will last you a long time. May as well get "the best" which would still be DA.
Old 01-21-22, 09:55 AM

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Sounds as if the new cassette will last you a long time. May as well get "the best" which would still be DA.
If the OP rides in the smaller cogs most of the time and the larger cogs are used sparingly, then yes the Dura Ace will last a long time. If he uses the largest few cogs routinely those Ti cogs will wear faster than the Ultegra or 105 steel ones. Dura Ace trades cost and durability for lighter weight.
Old 01-21-22, 11:40 AM
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Agree, but he doesn't ride. It's wall art.
Old 01-21-22, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I can still climb stairs pretty good but can no longer rise from a full squat without using my arms. So, with that and the fact that I thoroughly clean and lube my chain every 100 miles, I suspect the 12-23 cassette may outlast me. Besides, it is only a back-up to my 12-25; in case I do get stronger.
Likes For shopco43: