Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Wii this is a fun way to lose weight!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Wii this is a fun way to lose weight!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 09:00 AM

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
I'd rather my children, should I ever have any, learn that they are IN the world rather than just watching it through a box.

Fair enough, just stating on my end that on days when outside doesn't make sense, or when theyve been out already, there's a place for it in the spectrum of exercise.
Old 11-21-08, 09:23 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
Fair enough, just stating on my end that on days when outside doesn't make sense, or when theyve been out already, there's a place for it in the spectrum of exercise.
I agree, but let's face it, television has already consumed a generation or more.

Old 11-21-08, 09:38 AM
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I've always found it ironic how often people who spend hours in front of a computer monitor want to have a smugfest over how much other people watch TV.
Old 11-21-08, 09:42 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson
I've always found it ironic how often people who spend hours in front of a computer monitor want to have a smugfest over how much other people watch TV.
Ah, but I'm interacting with a living person through this electronic correspondence, unless you are a bot of some kind, as opposed to passively watching a box.

Old 11-21-08, 09:46 AM
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
Ah, but I'm interacting with a living person through this electronic correspondence, unless you are a bot of some kind, as opposed to passively watching a box.
You interact mentally with a video game at least as much as the internet. The Wii even has a "get up and move" -component to it. Probably much healthier than even the best Campy vs. Shimano thread ever.
Old 11-21-08, 09:57 AM

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Wii also has a net hookup, so you can play others across the net. Does the Wii fit use that?

My bands:
Old 11-21-08, 09:59 AM

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neilfein
The Wii also has a net hookup, so you can play others across the net. Does the Wii fit use that?
I haven't played anything on the wiifit yet that does, but I've only used the included wiifit software. there already games on the market that take advantage of the wiifit.
Old 11-21-08, 10:13 AM
Full of Love and Meatloaf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya, Wii Fit is the game that comes with the balance board. The board itself will work with other games in the future that probably will have some sort of online component, although Nintendo's online system leaves a lot to be desired compared to XBox Live and the Playstation Network. Although if anyone wants to post their friend code for Wii, I will add you to my list.
Old 11-22-08, 01:14 AM
Change=inevitable. ?=+/-

Bikes: MTB, 700c commuter, BMX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another oblivion fan here...was addicted to Morrowind on the original xbox console. Now I have a 360 which hasn't been played for 8 or so months.

When the Wii's come down in price OR I get pay raise I will snatch one up definitely. Right now I am having a hard enough time keeping the bike rolling.
Old 11-23-08, 02:07 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Here's a Wii Fit Parody that is very unforgiving and sarcastic about the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTChi4jJpZ0
Old 01-13-09, 04:39 PM
Climbing and Biking

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I am bumping a stale thread, but what the heck. I just got a Wii Fit and have been playing around. Then I realized with the Jogging game, you're simply jogging place with the remote in your pocket. So I decided to hop on my bike, on its trainer, and do the same. What do you know! I am pedaling along at a nice cadence while "running". It does think I have a low burn rate, but I suppose I can just spin out in lower gears for that... hmm, this is going to be fun