Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Shoes cleat pedal problems

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Shoes cleat pedal problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-20, 02:39 PM
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6233 Post(s)
Liked 4,837 Times in 3,335 Posts
Don't sweat the small stuff. Just get some new reasonably inexpensive pedals for the shoes you got. Use the cleat that comes with the pedals. Or, if you got cleats that came with the mountain bike pedals you bought, then get some inexpensive shoes for 2 hole cleats. There are shoes for two hole cleats that are more appropriated for riding roads than off road.

But if you don't get something matched up soon, you aren't going to get much use from that bike. Your LBS can get you things that match up real quick. Consider the money spent on previous stuff that won't work together and the cost of retail at the LBS your tuition for your education.
Old 11-12-20, 07:46 AM

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by oleg232000
I like where your heads at.....Its just I have never tried clip in pedals, and wanted to try it out on a budget. But I am also the type, that if I am into it, i will want to upgrade to premium stuff LOL. So was looking for middle of the road. But on second thought, i might just go with a cheaper R540 pedal but brand new, and see how it goes.
I'd also stick with cheaper pedals. R540 are good. I had them for 2 years before my current R8000 and I don't have anything negative to say about them. Regarding cleats wearing out, it's an inexpensive thing to buy. Just don't run a marathon with them. If you are careful when walking, they'll last a long time.