Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

SDV Drive!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-20, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 270 Posts
I found a GIF that shows how it all works, uhhh, the pedal is attached to one of the chains?!?!?

Likes For jackbombay:
Old 04-09-20, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Ok ok ok, I will relent! Or rather, caveat or qualify my disc brake comment to road bikes (and anything close). MTBs look sick with discs, and have for a long time. And CX/gravel stuff looks just fine with them as well, largely because they were made from the outset to be that way (IMO). Road bikes being as svelte and light as they have been for so long--the discs encroach on that lithe, all-about-the-ride-quality nature. Again, IMO.
+1 on calipers for road... all the way down:
( with a humble nod to Alaphilippe's Galibier descent)

Last edited by ctak; 04-09-20 at 10:45 PM.
Likes For ctak:
Old 04-09-20, 10:40 PM
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 727 Times in 400 Posts
I like the totally unbelievable claim of power increase, like in all "new and revolutionary" bike "improvements". At least the Magistroni 90º crankarms were simpler and lighter.
Old 04-09-20, 11:10 PM
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 2,029 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
That video is horrible. It is like just watching someone rev up a car engine to check out a new carburetor. Is there an actual demonstration video somewhere?

It looks needlessly complicated.
Especially with no engine load (aka driving). Nothing sounds better than a good engine under stress!

Also, agree. It looks like a monumentally complicated way of getting around HTFU (as it were).