Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Trexlertown, Pa Fall Velo Swap

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Trexlertown, Pa Fall Velo Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-15, 07:31 PM

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Catch of the day for many will be a common cold. Brisk, a bit windy, cold, and rainy.

I purchased nothing more than a pair of used Time MTB pedals. Basically sold nothing. But I wasn't planning on it.
Old 10-04-15, 09:18 AM
Wherever I may roam....

Bikes: A few bikes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had 2 booths, took 4 bikes, a trash picked Fuji Royale, an early 80s Motobecane bottom dweller, 84 Gran Course and @rhm s early 70's ASTRA Grand Luxe. I also brought some random stuff that has accumulated in my basement over the years. I promptly sold the Moto and Fuji as I was walking through the gates so at least my booth cost was covered. Both bikes were unrideable and I didn't have enough interest to finish building them so I took them as is. Both other bikes had lots of interest but neither sold. No big deal

I scored a very nice Voodoo cx bike for a girl I work with for an amazing price and some other fun small stuff.

Someone from here stopped past my booth but I was out hunting and they didn't leave a name.

Last edited by RobE30; 10-04-15 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-04-15, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Nothing earth shattering but.....

....did find some "odds and ends," good prices like a Park bottom bracket tool & nos chain breaker; sold a C-dale H600 to someone parked next to me in the lot, met some nice people, got wet footware, and left without two tires I purchased and told the vendor I would be back to pick up later!

I always enjoy the Velodrome meets.
Old 10-04-15, 08:15 PM
Wherever I may roam....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Voodoo. I ended up with the original Voodooo steel fork as well so I am going to try out the carbon fork on my Gunnar and see how that goes.
Old 10-05-15, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Braved the weather, drove through the night, through the rain.
Sold a large portion of what I brought. Only came home with a saddle someone traded me.
Just did not see anything I had to have. I'm totally ok with that.
Old 10-05-15, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 179 Posts
Originally Posted by RobE30

Someone from here stopped past my booth but I was out hunting and they didn't leave a name.
That was probably me, just wanted to say hello. I was going to come around again but my feet were soaked from walking the infield. Nice pick up on the Voodoo, I always liked those, it's a shame they never really caught on. Very cool head badges.

I think my tastes are getting too specific for swap meets. I had a shopping list of 6 items and could not find one of them. All I ended up with was a Cannondale front bag($5) and some gloves from the guy at the front gate.
Old 10-05-15, 08:06 PM
Wherever I may roam....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KOBE
That was probably me, just wanted to say hello. I was going to come around again but my feet were soaked from walking the infield. Nice pick up on the Voodoo, I always liked those, it's a shame they never really caught on. Very cool head badges.

I think my tastes are getting too specific for swap meets. I had a shopping list of 6 items and could not find one of them. All I ended up with was a Cannondale front bag($5) and some gloves from the guy at the front gate.
That's too bad. It would've been nice to meet you
Old 10-05-15, 09:54 PM

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
I saw many bargains at the meet. There were deals to be had...if you were looking for stuff that specific. My budget is just tight right now, otherwise...i saw a Bianchi Funny bike there that I would have nabbed up in a heartbeat for the asking price which was $275. It was a complete as well. Once again, It sold in the parking lot as it was being unloaded for $225. I was just shaking my head. Inside...there were some nice framesets here and there. I picked up a used set of Time clipless mtb pedals so that I don't have to keep switching out pedals but got home, put it on and found that the set screws were all strips out and they were just mashed together, probably long enough to sell them...but they are shot and non-functional. Live and learn...i didn't pay much so...wasn't too sad.

But there were definitely good deals there....if you were looking. I am getting more and more picky as the years tick by as well.