Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show Us Your Bikes Starting With R

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show Us Your Bikes Starting With R

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-20, 12:47 PM
Campy NR / SR forever

Bikes: 1977-78 Raleigh Professional - bought new, 1987 Shogun 400 (for the lady)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
My 1978 Raleigh Pro MK V taken a couple years ago at a bike show. Bought new in the spring of 1978 (built in Sept of 77 according to the SN). All set up for a land speed attempt. Catalog in back, and my bike took box on the ground with almost a full set of Campy tools (except the races tools). The jersey is an original Raleigh Creda, and the Dettos are original too and they still fit. The freewheel is a 12-17 Regina Oro on a Scalare body. That's the only way to get a 12T on a 6 speed Oro. Original Cannondale gloves - Still have them but they are pretty beat. Yeah it has shleld logo hoods. The globe hoods are too hard to find and too much dinero for this po boy.

Last edited by cadillacmike68; 01-27-20 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-27-20, 11:27 PM

Bikes: '64 Varsity, '69 Varsity, '71 Varsity, '71 Super Sport, '72 Super Sport, PX10 times 4, '72 Paramount, '73 Sports Tourer, '73 Paramount '77 Paramount, two NOS Pros

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cadillacmike68
That blue one is a Mk V. Unsold for 20 years ??? Wow.
It's one of a pair. It's got a 1/2" taller twin. Both spent twenty years in their boxes and now 20 years on my walls.