Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Booty

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Black Friday Booty

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-17, 09:36 AM

Bikes: Giant Defy Pro 0, Cervelo Aspero

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Viich
I've had the same kind of experience with their free shipping to Canada - and then had to pay duty when I picked up the package at Canada Post. DHL I paid a bit for the duty pre-paid, but I don't think it's really more expensive. Based on my small sample size, DHL is way faster to Canada.
I did the DHL prepaid as well to Canada and will continue to do so for two main reasons..

1) Stuff clears customs FAST. Postal packages can take 6 weeks to arrive (in fact my last Wiggle order took 7), DHL is 3 days start to finish
2) IF (and not all packages get inspected/dutied) a package comes through post and gets duty, they add a $10 processing fee. Add in the duty itself and its just as cheap to prepay the DHL charges.

My Chain Reaction Black Friday shipment - Dura Ace pedals