Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

De Rosa SLX Frameset ~58cm

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

De Rosa SLX Frameset ~58cm

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-19, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
Originally Posted by mnmkpedals
REDUCED-- AGAIN, LAST CALL

Okay, so against part of my better judgement, I am thinking it's time to part with this...

Best guess is that it is mid 80s. De Rosa SLX or Professional model.

I purchased it a while ago from the original owner and at the time it had a hodgepodge of components, but it still road like silk. At the time of purchase, seller explained that a year or two after he originally bought it, the paint was failing and De Rosa authorized a warranty full repaint from CycleArt in California. There is a CycleArt logo near the bottom bracket. I know repaints aren't ideal, but seeing that it was a factory-warranty repaint, it has never phased me, and I took him at his word about the history.

Limited pics posted now, but happy to share more, including details of any/all blemishes with a potential buyer.

Seat tube CTC is just a shade over 58 (call it 58.5 though I am not perfect at measuring) and top tube CTC is pretty much spot on 58.

Cosmetics, I give it an 8+ out of 10.

Sale would NOT include Headset (on there for easier pics).

In addition to frame and for, it WOULD include all of what I think were/are the original bits that were on it when I bought it:
• Campy seat binder bolt
• Cinelli Stem (125mm reach)
• Handlebars ( Cinelli Giro D'Italia, 42mm)-- Both bars and stem were never used by me (removed after original purchase for better fit/comfort when I rode it).

I am asking $800 OBO + bikeflights shipping for the frameset. I have no idea if that is high or low, but it's kind of where I need to be to part with it (reluctantly). I know it'll be forever when another one that fits me like this comes along. But to be honest, I generally don't ride CV rides of this quality (low-brow taste!), and whenever I did ride it, I was always terrified I'd damage it. It deserves to go to someone who will give it the use/love it deserves.

Happy to answer any/all questions. Thanks!

$525, including bike flights shipping CONUS.

there is a ... concerning interruption in the reflection under the down tube. Maybe 1 cm below the headlug socket.
Old 08-19-19, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
there is a ... concerning interruption in the reflection under the down tube. Maybe 1 cm below the headlug socket.
Wow, good eye on that... @repechage, Thank you! I appreciate the thorough inspection of the pictures.

So, I just went to check and I *think* what's there is some uneven paint (it's nice paint, but not a perfect job; you can see an uneven/heavier spot of paint on the top tube near the cable guide picture). BUT, given the location on the frame and the fact that I am not the original owner so don't know the frame's full history, it is concerning enough that I want to check it out before any kind of potential sale (or building it up for riding it myself). I never noticed any ride issues when I used it, but I am far from an expert. And I did just have my own experience discovering a crack in a reynolds 753 frame I had been riding, so I want to be super careful either way.

Until I'm able to get it checked out and be certain one way or the other, I'm going to un-list it. NFS at this time, pending inspection.

Last edited by mnmkpedals; 08-19-19 at 09:24 AM.