Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The Cult of CAAD...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The Cult of CAAD...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-13, 06:42 PM

Bikes: CAAD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need a shorter stem, which one do you guys like better?

3T Team

OR

3T Team Stealth
Old 05-29-13, 06:52 PM

Bikes: 2011 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3, Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FPSDavid

3T Team

OR

3T Team Stealth
3T but both look fine
Old 05-29-13, 07:08 PM

Bikes: Eddy Merckx San Remo 76, Eddy Merckx San Remo 76 - Black Silver and Red, Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64 (2); Eddy Merckx MXL;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

3T Team

This one.
Old 05-29-13, 07:35 PM

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

3T Team

This. I wasn't sure how the 3T Team would look on this CAAD, but I have to admit, I'm intrigued. I still think I'd select the Ritchey C260 in Matt Black at this point, but this is tempting.
Old 05-29-13, 07:46 PM
derpin'

Bikes: 2014 Stainless Steel Firefly

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

new cult member.

let the initiation begin.

(sorry for the turdy pictures)

Last edited by sheepdog84; 05-29-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-29-13, 09:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sheepdog84

new cult member.

let the initiation begin.

(sorry for the turdy pictures)
Wanna trade frames?
Old 05-29-13, 11:24 PM

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by enjoi07

Awesome photo. Is it a Caad 8 or 9?
Old 05-29-13, 11:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probably nothing special.... But this is my first road bike thought I'd share. Picked it up for $450 about a month ago on craigslist, didn't think that was to bad of a deal(not sure though). Any pointers for a new cyclist? My goal is to do a 150 mile ride in Sept this year. I have been riding every day, minus the rainy days. Thanks Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20130430_130722.jpg (105.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-29-13, 11:38 PM
derpin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wanna trade frames?
mmmmm nah...

but i'll take that as a compliment
Old 05-29-13, 11:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sheepdog84
mmmmm nah...

but i'll take that as a compliment
I'd kill for that colorway
Old 05-29-13, 11:59 PM
derpin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd kill for that colorway

i almost did... 0_o
Old 05-30-13, 06:31 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wanna trade frames?
Beat me too it.

If you ever want a 2012 White/Red CAAD10, you'll have plenty of options. That color scheme is drop dead sexy. I hope they bring it back whenever the CAAD11 comes out so I can justify a purchase.
Old 05-30-13, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
So, someone started a thread in the main 41 forum on coming up with a 41 jersey. I know some subforums already have a jersey so would it be just to crazy to start the conversation about a Cult of CAAD jersey?
Old 05-30-13, 11:07 PM

Bikes: 2014 CAAD10 3 (Ninja Stealth)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seymour1910
So, someone started a thread in the main 41 forum on coming up with a 41 jersey. I know some subforums already have a jersey so would it be just to crazy to start the conversation about a Cult of CAAD jersey?
Good idea. I would be interested in seeing something like that just as long as it is affordable, quality, and easily obtainable to us CAADies around the world. How would it be designed? Collaboration, dictatorship, or send in a design suggestion and the most votes wins?

I'm a newbie (both Cannondale + cyclist) so wouldn't know anything about functionality or a history of the cult that would be suitable to go on the shirt - but thought that i would add an opinion and back up the good suggestion from seymour
Old 05-31-13, 12:58 AM
derpin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
maybe i'll bounce this off of fellow cult members...

i'm thinking about instead of stealthing out my build (already really really stealthy), using some silver comportments instead of black everythingggg

for example, silver thompson stem and seat post and then a silver set of mavic ksyrium sl's (or some custom built wheels in a similar vein)

the rest would be sram force... not sure on tires yet.

i'm thinking about this because it seems like the whole stealth'd out thing seems somewhat overdone...

granted, aesthetics are not everything and performance is what's in mind with most stealth'd builds.

don't get me wrong, it does look good... i'm just trying to think around the box a bit... and yeah.

I'm sure that straight from the factory, this came prebuilt as a stealth build...

just thinkin'...
Old 05-31-13, 01:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't do it
Old 05-31-13, 01:42 AM
derpin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't do it

The lack of uniformity might bug me after a while.. And the silver ksyriums are not that hot.. I think they're cheap looking.

Black would probably be better for the ksyriums..And deda makes some nice light weight posts n stems.. That's the other option I've got rolling around in my head.

Thanks for your input
Old 05-31-13, 09:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sheepdog, that bike was made to be stealth. In fact, there is a clause in the Cult of the CAAD that any black on black CAAD10 frames that don't get the stealth treatment must be sent to THSdrummer.

That's a pretty sweet idea. I'm interested. The point about how it would be designed is a great question. Perhaps if we all submitted variations and we pick and choose what we like and don't like and combine it into one jersey?

It does also need to be affordable. I only buy my jerseys on sale. I'd be intrigued on how we'd run it. Would one person place an order and have the jerseys at his/her house? Or would we collectively put in money for an annual or biannual order?

Custom options?
-Voler
-Champion Systems
-Castelli
Old 05-31-13, 10:37 AM

Bikes: CAAD10-5, Flash 29er 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by THSdrummer
Sheepdog, that bike was made to be stealth. In fact, there is a clause in the Cult of the CAAD that any black on black CAAD10 frames that don't get the stealth treatment must be sent to THSdrummer.
Originally Posted by jtwilson
Some changes. Moved the new Red group over to the CAAD10, installed Hollowgram SL crank, Yokozuna cables, switched to Speedplay pedals.

Personal opinion of course, but I must agree that all stealth is one of the sweetest looks. jtwilson's is well on the way to one of my personal top 3 favorite bikes. Just look at how nice the ENVE wheels look on that frame! I think I said this about another picture jtwilson posted but I'm still not big on the gum wheels (again just personal pref). The silver brakes and b/w stem don't look bad necessarily but I still think all stealth would be the way to go.

Edit: I will say this though, I'm certainly not one of those guys who'll tell you that you MUST do anything to your bike. It's yours and you should make it how you like it.
Old 05-31-13, 11:41 AM
derpin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrjim
Personal opinion of course, but I must agree that all stealth is one of the sweetest looks. jtwilson's is well on the way to one of my personal top 3 favorite bikes. Just look at how nice the ENVE wheels look on that frame! I think I said this about another picture jtwilson posted but I'm still not big on the gum wheels (again just personal pref). The silver brakes and b/w stem don't look bad necessarily but I still think all stealth would be the way to go.

Edit: I will say this though, I'm certainly not one of those guys who'll tell you that you MUST do anything to your bike. It's yours and you should make it how you like it.

that enve wheelset *does* look stunning... unfortunately they are out of my price range :|

zipps might be in the budget though..

i actually dig the gum walls though! that's something I know i'll do at some point.
Old 05-31-13, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by THSdrummer
That's a pretty sweet idea. I'm interested. The point about how it would be designed is a great question. Perhaps if we all submitted variations and we pick and choose what we like and don't like and combine it into one jersey?

It does also need to be affordable. I only buy my jerseys on sale. I'd be intrigued on how we'd run it. Would one person place an order and have the jerseys at his/her house? Or would we collectively put in money for an annual or biannual order?

Custom options?
-Voler
-Champion Systems
-Castelli
The way i have seen other forums do it is one person took it on and everyone agreed on a design, once the design was agreed upon that person placed a large order 10 or more jerseys. The issue that I have seen in the past it that that person was responsible for collecting all funds and shipping out all jersey's. This may not go anywhere but I think it would be cool to have a jersey just for the CAAD lovers all over the world.
Old 05-31-13, 12:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 52cm

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CAAD 10.jpg (102.3 KB, 232 views)
Old 05-31-13, 12:54 PM
Tour De French Fries

Bikes: 2010 Cervelo R3 SL & 2013 Airborne Goblin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 85Runner
2012 52cm

Nice. That's my favorite colorway.
Old 05-31-13, 01:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrjim

jtwilson's stealth CAAD10 is certainly in my top 3 (1 of the others is another stealth CAAD10, but I can't recall who's). Switching out the silver brake for a black brake would certainly make it more stealth. Dare I say, I enjoy the b/w stem, although either version of the 3T Team stem would be better IMO. Black/red would offset the cockpit just like the SRAM Red shifters do, just as a stealth 3T stem would keep the whole bike under the radar. It's bikes like jtwilson's that make me want a black/black or black/white CAAD10 frame. I don't have the funds to assure everything is murdered out though...

The way i have seen other forums do it is one person took it on and everyone agreed on a design, once the design was agreed upon that person placed a large order 10 or more jerseys. The issue that I have seen in the past it that that person was responsible for collecting all funds and shipping out all jersey's. This may not go anywhere but I think it would be cool to have a jersey just for the CAAD lovers all over the world.
Hmmm, if we could get someone to order them, I'd be interested. I can't say I would be a good go-through person seeing as I have work, college, and swimming all on my schedule, as well as, I lack the funds to even order them in the first place. If I have some time, I'll try and go through a few basic designs. I can post here or PM you. Actually, I don't think PMs allow pictures.
Old 06-02-13, 10:31 AM

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale CAAD10 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Went out for a nice ride yesterday, just me and the wind and the Ohio countryside. I stopped to snap a couple pics before maxing out the gears with the tailwind home. Hope you all are enjoying the late spring rides!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.