Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Elemnt Bolt fails to update

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Elemnt Bolt fails to update

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 08:56 PM

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Pick one and I’d choose the Bolt. I can see where Strava is getting confused by 2 different rides getting logged, one from the fitness app, the other from the Bolt. You don’t need both, or just have the fitness app not send to Strava.
Good point.
OP may have both apps (element> strava and strava> strava) preset for automatic upload.

FYI when I upload from element app, it gets filtered and corrected by strava on its way to strava.
Old 10-23-18, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
As an attempt to determine where the bad data is being generated, the question was essentially is the Bolt recording the ride ?, does the correct ride data (if any) show up on the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt app, the one that BT connects to the device and reads/sends data to the device ?. If memory serves, the tracked ride data goes from the device to the phone app, up to the Wahoo site, than to Strava. Thus you need to find out where the data is wrong - device, phone app or Strava.
Thank you Steve,
I will try that. It doesn't make sense to me in a way as the Bolt wills end information through multiple apps. It is definitely worth a try though.