Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Best anti-friction creams for synthetic chamois?

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Best anti-friction creams for synthetic chamois?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-20, 05:29 PM

Bikes: '87 Miyata 112, '84 Nashbar Road LP, '89 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Slows you down even more in the sani-can though, which is the main reason I don't wear bibs, especially in the PNW with upper body layers. I don't notice a strap at all anymore.
Bibs aren't sole remedy, but for me, who has a body shape that abhors keeping a waistband up where it belongs, there is nothing better. 'sani-can' breaks are done before the ride, as I have issues with this and prep accordingly. No rides long enough yet to challenge the problem. We'll see if I will ever reach that amount of road time again. As for shorts, I have three pairs, rarely worn, won't ever be worn by choice.

This is the first season I've ridden other than around the block since the accident three years ago, and this fall would be the first in quite a while--being self-employed can ruin fun time. I look forward to riding into the late fall, with my bib tights to keep the legs warm. But all in good time. First I have to survive the heat.
Old 07-31-20, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 29 Posts
I'm late to reply but I've been using DZ Nuts chamois cream for a while and it works well for me. Also, if you're getting chafing on the pereneum it might be a saddle issue, either the saddle position isn't ideal or it's a model or style of saddle that doesn't suit your anatomy. Good luck!
Likes For 5teve:
Old 07-31-20, 11:39 AM

Bikes: '87 Miyata 112, '84 Nashbar Road LP, '89 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 5teve
I'm late to reply but I've been using DZ Nuts chamois cream for a while and it works well for me. Also, if you're getting chafing on the pereneum it might be a saddle issue, either the saddle position isn't ideal or it's a model or style of saddle that doesn't suit your anatomy. Good luck!
Thanks for the recommendation. No, chaffing between the thighs and scrotum has been my problem. I've been using the Chamois Butt'r ever since it arrived last week. It has resolved all the issues I was having. I couldn't be happier. That said, all my rides at this time are around 13+ mile (TT) runs. I may double that this season, but we'll see, so I haven't had to reapply during a ride. I picked up a stick, as well as the tube, to carry on the bike when that time comes. I very much appreciate how easy it is to wash off with water alone. I'll probably feel differently when my rides are long enough to sweat away the protection.