Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

nooB in Louisiana

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

nooB in Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nooB in Louisiana

hey guys, guess I just decided to stop by, say hi, and show me bikes...

first off...

Trek 4300 24speed, about 6 years old with fresh seat, tires, and grips. I'll probably wind up selling it soon because I don't really need a multispeed around flat south Louisiana and because of the next bike...

Those aren't whitewalls, they're just reflective strips on the sidewalls
-Redline MonoCog 29er (single speed)
-WTB Speed V Pro Gel seat

2 sets of wheels
-Alex rims/Redline hubs with 29x2.3 WTB Exiwolfs (off road), 32/18 gearing - stock wheelset (stock gearing was 32/20)
-Mavic rims/Rockworks hubs with 29x2.35 Schwalbe Big Apples (fat slicks, kevlar reinforced), 32/14 gearing

I just finished putting together the street wheelset and this thing rocks. I've never been happier with a bike. I'm going to start commuting on it soon. The Schwalbe Big Apples are the best thing to happen to the bike. It only takes about 5 minutes to change out the wheels to go to the MTB trails right north of here on weekends. I don't have much use for the 26" Trek at all now.

Look at those fatty slicks...

I've got another bike too, a Torker Card Shark that I have no pictures of currently. It's just like this one below but with black ape hangers on it. Probably the most comfortable bike I have ridden since I put the ape hangers on it. I can pedal it for hours completely relaxed. Like a recliner on wheels...

So my name is Jeremy, I'm 28, and I work as a fleet dispatcher for a barge fleet in downtown Baton Rouge. I live about 20 blocks away from work. I DJ, autocross my cars, and ride my bikes in my spare time. Yah, that's about it.

Last edited by madcap; 05-24-07 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-24-07, 10:18 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello Jeremy, that sounds like an interesting line of work! Do you commute to work on the Card Shark?

Check out the Southeast regional forum--I'm not certain how many members are located in Baton Rouge, but I think there's a few.

Welcome to BF!

East Hill
Old 05-24-07, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Card Shark is more of a cruiser that I run around the neighborhood on. I also have a part in a local bike shop where we have full moon cruises and also do the critical mass thing. It's just a cool looking cruiser.
However, I do plan on commuting on the 29er now. I rode it around town yesterday for the first time with the big slicks and it's simply awesome. I didn't want to stop riding. I could have kept going for hours. The big tires soak up all the bumps nicely and the grip was great and the bike just felt like it wanted to turn and turn and turn and lean over and turn. I like it.
Old 05-24-07, 10:52 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Make sure you stop by the Commuting forum, then. I hope I'll see you posting over there . I like your enthusiasm over the ride!

East Hill