Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Post some Ride Report links here!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 07:18 AM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I started adding a ride report section to the FAQ since there have been some pretty amazing accomplishments and it would be a great resource to look back and read or for others to see what's possible.

I don't feel like searching so if you know of some great ride reports (yours or others) post them here plus accomplishments and horn blowing threads that you think should be included. I'll subjectively take a few of the best and add them in addition to this thread. Feel free to post threads where people have destroyed parts too - good to see what can happen and if there are any ways of avoiding them.

And....GO!

It's the year of the enema!

Last edited by Air; 05-29-08 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-29-08, 11:22 AM
2nd Century TBD

Bikes: Felt F75, Trek 7.2 FX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How NOT to go about your first metric century... https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...4748&highlight=
Old 05-29-08, 06:58 PM
Vorsprung durch Technik

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Crossroads, 1985 Raleigh Sportif

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Went out for a ride Monday. I started out just going for a ride and ended up doing a metric. I rode the MonRiver Trail from start to finish plus a smaller trail ride to end with a total of 63.40 miles. A little sore , but it was worth the time and effort. Total of 2 bottles of fluid plus a 2.0l CamelBak of water, 2 Gu gels and one powerbar. Total time was a little long at 5:50hr but learned a lot. Next one should be better.
Old 05-29-08, 08:19 PM
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am really jealous of you that have bike trails near you. I have an ex-boss that says near Des Moines there are many, many miles of great trails and you don't have to worry about traffic. Too bad that is 2 hours away.

I do have a trail that is 30 minutes away from me, but I can ride streets near me or ride a mile to get to a highway to ride a 40 mile loop.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun
Old 05-29-08, 10:04 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,740 Times in 1,013 Posts
Here my ride report from 5/25. https://www.bikeforums.net/showpost.p...&postcount=218

Old 05-29-08, 10:57 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
3, from my blog
Why Cycling
https://theamazingshrinkingman.blogsp...y-cycling.html
The First Sign of Spring: My first tour, here in Indiana, one year anniversary of my surgery.
https://theamazingshrinkingman.blogsp...Sign+of+Spring
5 days of Hell and Almost Eaten By Wolves: Tour Report/ Upper Peninsula of Michigan
https://theamazingshrinkingman.blogsp...-eaten-by.html

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 05-31-08, 01:39 PM
Keep on, keepin on

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy Custom build, Giant Sedona, '06 Trek Madone 5.2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1st group ride of 2008 - ride report

So today I went on my first group ride of 2008 and let's just say it didn't go as planned. First of all, the people that set up the ride are pretty intense roadies who eat hills and poop flats. The ride was set up to be 62 miles and 2000 ft of climbing. Although I did have a map, I was lost within the first 15 miles of the tour. Not only that, but their was an obvious group of riders that hung pretty tight to each other...plus they were way faster than me, but I'm working on that. I knew where the first rest stop was so I just rode straight there and waited for the rest of the riders. It was there that the ride organizer told me that all of the direction arrows for the tour had washed away the night before. No wonders I was so lost! They used water based paint Ugg. So I continued the tour and continued to be lost. To add to all that fun I was taking a break at a park and when I went to saddle up again, I had a little trouble clipping in and dumped my bike..uuggg. That caused my seat to be a tad crooked and I had no way of fixing it correctly. So I just did what I could and rode on. Being frustrated, I followed the tour route to the next rest stop, but after that I just rode straight to the car and not through the windy back roads. Another rant: the dang rest stops were at gas stations and there was nothing provided by the tour organizers at those stops, sucked. Doubt I'll ride this tour again. For 25 bucks, I could have rode that route any day and had prime rib with all the fixins when it was over. /End Rant

Oh forgot to add: I only ended up riding 43 miles, good enough for the first group ride of the year.

Last edited by B Piddy; 05-31-08 at 01:56 PM. Reason: needed to add more
Old 05-31-08, 08:59 PM
Jer. 29:11

Bikes: Gary Fisher Superfly, Bianchi Axis, Trek Madone 5.5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a group called "Team Clydesdale" that trains together each Saturday... I post videos of each or our rides and reviews of the trails and routes we take. On today's we came across a newborn fawn. It's at https://www.clydesdalefitness.com
Follow me on Twitter @michiganbiking and @michigandermike
Bikes: '09 Gary Fisher Superfly, '08 Trek Madone 5.5, '05 Bianchi Axis
Old 05-31-08, 10:24 PM
half fast

Bikes: Catrike Trail (fixed frame) tadpole trike recumbent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first 50 mile ride: https://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/415352-first-50-mile-ride.html