Old 08-09-06, 12:31 PM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The battle of the XC sleds...

I went for a group ride yesterday at a trail with very little climbing. Just winding fast trails. I taco'd my wheel on my Fisher hardtail two days ago, so I had to ride my Jamis Dakar XLT 5" dually. One of my riding buddies was on his Cannondale f1000 or f2000...not sure which. It's an XTR/XT bike with the Cannondale 4-bolt discs. He runs bar ends with a flatty, I run an Easton EA70 riser.

He and I get to horsing around now and then. He built up some momentum and tried to rocket past me on my left side on part of the trail that veers left. He kinda took me out...we ended up flailing across the ground for about 15 feet until our flesh skidded to a stop.

It sucked for him, b/c his little race bike took a whollup from my Jamis. It has a dented top tube, broken bar end, and broken thumb button on his front shifter. The weird part about it is that my Jamis didn't even get a scratch.

I guess there's a bit more to be said about the capabilities of a tougher trailbike besides its ability to smoothly roll over rougher terrain.

I still feel bad and partially responsible b/c I could have reacted quicker and veered to the right instead of holding my line.