2014 Specialized Sirrus Carbon (Expert or Comp)?
After extensive research on flat bar road bikes, I have decided to purchase a Specialized Sirrus Carbon as my next bike.
I am considering one of the following levels:
Sirrus Expert Disc Carbon: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...us-expert-disc
Sirrus Comp (Disc) Carbon: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...us-comp-carbon
The Expert is $500 more and gives you the following upgrades:
- Full carbon fork vs carbon fork with aluminum steerer
- Formula C1, hydraulic disc brakes vs Tektro Draco 2
- Shimano 105 rear derailleur vs Tiagra
- Carbon vs alloy seat post
- Better tires (?) - Not a biggie for me, as I plan to replace with Gatorskin Ultras
One thought I had was to go with the lower version, then use the $500 towards upgrading the bike to Ultegra drivetrain components. I would then use the parts that came off of the Sirrus and use those to upgrade my Specialized Crosstrail.
I would appreciate your thoughts/opinions on this.
Which one did you decide to buy? I'm very interested as I have the same decision but my choices also include the Pro Carbon. Ultimately my decision may be made based on availability. Specialized is sold out of the 2014 models.