Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 172 of 229 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5715
  1. #4276
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnelson View Post
    There's a bike season?

    ????? Nope.

  2. #4277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kleinburg, ON
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated picture of my Giant Rapid Composite. Just got the aerospokes on today. 2 more upgrades, the Giant Carbon SLR flatbar and SLR Carbon Stem.


  3. #4278
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,898
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome looking bike! So whats the story with the wheels. Where did you get them from are they new or vintage, what do they weigh and how much did they cost?
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  4. #4279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    ????? Nope.
    Didn't think so... Only asked because of Igo's comment on post 4255:


    We've got just a few more weeks before bike season starts here. I can't wait.

    and I was kidding - just forgot to add the appropriate emoticon...

  5. #4280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kleinburg, ON
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
    Awesome looking bike! So whats the story with the wheels. Where did you get them from are they new or vintage, what do they weigh and how much did they cost?
    Thanks, its almost done. Just a few more things here and there.

    Nothing special about the wheels, they are from Aerospokes USA. Cost was about $900 for the set, but they are very heavy, 1500g each. The bike is over 22lbs with them on and 20.1lbs with the stock wheels.

  6. #4281
    Senior Member OldBridgeRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    My Bikes
    '13 Giant Defy 1, '97 Cannondale M700
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before.. Timex HRM, Phone Case using my phone as my GPS tracker, and the POS cycle computer.
    IMAG0710.jpg

    The after.. Edge 500 one stop shopping including cadence/speed. Unfortunately mounting it on the upright put it at a terrible angle so it had to go on the bars for now.
    IMAG0712.jpg
    '13 Giant Defy 1, '97 Cannondale M700, '12 Giant Escape 0 (Sold)

    My Defy 1

    Pictures from various rides..

  7. #4282
    Igo
    Igo is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henderson/Las Vegas NV
    My Bikes
    Giant Defy 2
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like anything with more then one push button to be on the side I favor anyway.
    Road Bike: Trek 2.1 Apex
    SPD Pedals
    Continental Gatorskin tires
    Kool Stop brake pads

    Hybrid/Commuter: Giant Escape 1
    Panaracer 28c T-Serv tires
    Ergon GP2-L Grips
    Serfas Lycra Dual Density Saddle
    Eleven81 BMX Pedals
    Kool Stop brake pads
    Planet Bike Blaze 2W front light
    Planet Bike Superflash Stealth rear light
    Topeak Explorer MTX Rack
    Topeak MTX Trunk Bag EX
    Topeak MTX TrunkBag DXP with Expandable Side Panniers
    Topeak Aero Expanding Wedge - Medium
    Garmin GPSMap 60CSx

  8. #4283
    Junior Member The_Pelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 specialized sirrus

  9. #4284
    Senior Member KungPaoSchwinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ms/Ca, USA,Earth.
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek FX 7.3 ( pimp moment )
    Posts
    705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful bike,rides good too i bet.
    2009 Trek FX 7.3

  10. #4285
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Trek 7.6 FX 2011

    Trek 7.6 FX, 2011 model, purchased July 2012.

    Added
    -- rearview mirror on the left isozone grip
    -- cellphone holder
    -- under-seat pocket
    -- cupholder
    -- Shimano clip-in/stand-on pedals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #4286
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post
    Trek 7.6 FX, 2011 model, purchased July 2012.

    Added
    -- rearview mirror on the left isozone grip
    -- cellphone holder
    -- under-seat pocket
    -- cupholder
    -- Shimano clip-in/stand-on pedals.
    You've fitted it out well. Enjoy it.

  12. #4287
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I love the Metropolis handlebars on my Kona so much I found some black ones for my Sawyer.

    I didn't think going from 25 degree backsweep to 45 degrees would make such a difference but it sure did!


    A while back I ditched the front derailer but just got a new 36t chainring.


    I hope to leave it alone now until they improve the Alfine 11 speed.

  13. #4288
    Mostly Harmless dirty tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That is a classy bicycle, elegant yet tough.

  14. #4289
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty tiger View Post
    Wow! That is a classy bicycle, elegant yet tough.
    Thanks! I feel like a kid again riding it!

  15. #4290
    Senior Member clarkbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Giant Innova, 2012 Surly Pacer
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing my kiddo home from daycare today, my nextdoor neighbor saw me on the road. Lately, I have been using my older MTB that I put street tires on but have been wanting a more hybrid-ish bike. The weight, front suspension, and low gearing of my MTB really make it not ideal for road use. When I pulled in the driveway, she walked over and started commenting on how much I've recently been on my bike. She then started talking about how she had her hip replaced last year and will not be on a bike again. She then offered me her bike if I was interested. Always looking for a good deal, I figured I'd look at it and see what she had. I went over and gave it a look over and bought it for $230 and a Coors Light. It's a Giant Innova 19", 21 speed with 700c x 35 tires, a rear rack, and a Novara rack trunk. She also threw in a pump and multiple tools. I figure not a bad purchace considering I was ready to pull the trigger on a new $700 Trek.


  16. #4291
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grid Reference, SK
    My Bikes
    I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.
    Posts
    3,769
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
    Towing my kiddo home from daycare today, my nextdoor neighbor saw me on the road. Lately, I have been using my older MTB that I put street tires on but have been wanting a more hybrid-ish bike. The weight, front suspension, and low gearing of my MTB really make it not ideal for road use. When I pulled in the driveway, she walked over and started commenting on how much I've recently been on my bike. She then started talking about how she had her hip replaced last year and will not be on a bike again. She then offered me her bike if I was interested. Always looking for a good deal, I figured I'd look at it and see what she had. I went over and gave it a look over and bought it for $230 and a Coors Light. It's a Giant Innova 19", 21 speed with 700c x 35 tires, a rear rack, and a Novara rack trunk. She also threw in a pump and multiple tools. I figure not a bad purchace considering I was ready to pull the trigger on a new $700 Trek.

    Well done! It looks like it was barely ridden before her hip was replaced!

    Maybe if she had ridden it more...

  17. #4292
    Senior Member clarkbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Giant Innova, 2012 Surly Pacer
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarDasse74 View Post
    Well done! It looks like it was barely ridden before her hip was replaced!

    Maybe if she had ridden it more...
    Thanks. I don't think she rode it much at all. When it wasn't in use she had it hanging from the ceiling in her garage. I cleaned it up and gave it a closer look tonight. I found one 1 1/2" hairline scratch near the chainstay. Other than that, it's stock and flawless. My plan is to swap out the grip shifters for triggers, change to a solid seatpost and better seat, and swap out the stem for an adjustable to help push the handlebars forward a bit. Other than that, I'm going to ride it and love it.

  18. #4293
    I let the dogs out AlphaDogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 Fuji Roubaix 1.0, 2003 Ti Merlin Solis, & 1994 Raleigh MT200
    Posts
    1,931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hybrid that I converted to a strange mashup of bike styles is getting converted back for some snow riding. The snow is coming way too soon. I have about 2 more months of 40F+ days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart View Post
    Weird spell/word check. "***" is "***". I'll never understand this computer. Andy.

  19. #4294
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDogg View Post
    My hybrid that I converted to a strange mashup of bike styles is getting converted back for some snow riding. The snow is coming way too soon. I have about 2 more months of 40F+ days.
    I wish it'd start snowing here early. It's still way too hot.
    Photos of your hybrid please. We need to see it again....it's been a while.

  20. #4295
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,898
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
    Towing my kiddo home from daycare today, my nextdoor neighbor saw me on the road. Lately, I have been using my older MTB that I put street tires on but have been wanting a more hybrid-ish bike. The weight, front suspension, and low gearing of my MTB really make it not ideal for road use. When I pulled in the driveway, she walked over and started commenting on how much I've recently been on my bike. She then started talking about how she had her hip replaced last year and will not be on a bike again. She then offered me her bike if I was interested. Always looking for a good deal, I figured I'd look at it and see what she had. I went over and gave it a look over and bought it for $230 and a Coors Light. It's a Giant Innova 19", 21 speed with 700c x 35 tires, a rear rack, and a Novara rack trunk. She also threw in a pump and multiple tools. I figure not a bad purchace considering I was ready to pull the trigger on a new $700 Trek.

    I have had one of these for "approx" 20 years. It's just a frame now but use to love riding the thing. I think Giant may have intended it as a Cyclocross bike but marketed it as a Hybrid, mine actually says cross on the head badge.
    Recently I did a mock build up with 29er wheels, cross tires and dropbars and it looked good but haven't taken it on as a project yet with all the other bikes I'm building up.
    Yours looks original and as new, that's one bike to hang onto. It look beautiful.
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  21. #4296
    Senior Member clarkbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    My Bikes
    1995 Giant Innova, 2012 Surly Pacer
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
    I have had one of these for "approx" 20 years. It's just a frame now but use to love riding the thing. I think Giant may have intended it as a Cyclocross bike but marketed it as a Hybrid, mine actually says cross on the head badge.
    Recently I did a mock build up with 29er wheels, cross tires and dropbars and it looked good but haven't taken it on as a project yet with all the other bikes I'm building up.
    Yours looks original and as new, that's one bike to hang onto. It look beautiful.
    Thanks. I looked it up on bikepedia.com and estimate it's maybe a '97 or so. The tires still have the outer rubber "tits" (for lack of a better term) on them and everything is just very clean and original. I was able to take it out for a 4 mile ride this evening and it handles and performs great. There is some adjustments that need to be made but overall I am extatic about the purchase.

    I do/am getting frustrated going to all the LBS's and them telling me nothing on it is worth upgrading or changing and that my money would be better spent on a new bike...This one is too cool though!

  22. #4297
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grid Reference, SK
    My Bikes
    I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.
    Posts
    3,769
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
    Thanks. I looked it up on bikepedia.com and estimate it's maybe a '97 or so. The tires still have the outer rubber "tits" (for lack of a better term) on them and everything is just very clean and original. I was able to take it out for a 4 mile ride this evening and it handles and performs great. There is some adjustments that need to be made but overall I am extatic about the purchase.

    I do/am getting frustrated going to all the LBS's and them telling me nothing on it is worth upgrading or changing and that my money would be better spent on a new bike...This one is too cool though!
    I would guess a little earlier as by '97 most flat bar bikes had gone to V-brakes. Maybe '95.

    The technical term for the hairs on the tires is 'little nubbins thingys.'

    It's nice to know 'tits' is not filtered out... I had that in a post the other day but left it out thinking it would turn into "****"... It was in a completely different context, though.

  23. #4298
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shofine - those handlebars look exactly like what I want for myself. They look similar to On-One Mary bars - do you know how they compare? Also, what grips are those?
    Thanks!

  24. #4299
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    My Bikes
    CCM Torino 76
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
    I do/am getting frustrated going to all the LBS's and them telling me nothing on it is worth upgrading or changing and that my money would be better spent on a new bike...This one is too cool though!
    I agree nothing is worth upgrading or changing, unless there is a problem with something. After you have ridden it so much you have worn the tread off the tires, reward yourself by doing the only 'upgrade' that could make any difference: put better tires on. Anything else is just throwing money into a hole.

  25. #4300
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnelson View Post
    Shofine - those handlebars look exactly like what I want for myself. They look similar to On-One Mary bars - do you know how they compare? Also, what grips are those?
    Thanks!
    I almost got the On-One Marys...I believe they have to be close to the same design as the FSA Metropolis. http://www.modernbike.com/itemgroup.asp?IGPK=2126182324
    The grips are the PDW Whiskey Grips. I love the feel of leather! http://www.ridepdw.com/goods/grips/w...grips%E2%84%A2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •