Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 102 of 175 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4369
  1. #2526
    Fool O' crap sscyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    spokane
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross, Allez steel, Transition, 2009 Bighit 3, Lightspeed Owl Hollow and Kitsuma - and a couple others
    Posts
    1,217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Missed the ride again - was able to get in a 50 mile road ride though.

  2. #2527
    Single-serving poster electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post

    Beacon Hill. Reflecto-Bike. Had a good XC-ish ride, starting with the fading daylight and ending in full night-ride mode.
    Feels like i'm watching Blair witch project!

  3. #2528
    Fool O' crap sscyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    spokane
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross, Allez steel, Transition, 2009 Bighit 3, Lightspeed Owl Hollow and Kitsuma - and a couple others
    Posts
    1,217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post

    Beacon Hill. Reflecto-Bike. Had a good XC-ish ride, starting with the fading daylight and ending in full night-ride mode.
    Here is a ride I did with my son about a month ago at Beacon - same run I have been doing with Dminor a bunch. I am holding the camera with both hands while riding a SS full ridgid 29"er (OK, that last part is not true).

  4. #2529
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trumbull today.







    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  5. #2530
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five miles on the road, to the trails. ~16 miles of sweet, funky New England singletrack. Five miles of road home.

    Gutbomb breakfast on the way? Check.


    Tuneage? Check.


    Fortification for the road spin home? Check.


    Post-ride re-fueling? Check.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  6. #2531
    Gravity hunter dminor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The 509
    My Bikes
    are not listed as if they were some sort of portfolio.
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bacon and pinkish ground beef both in one day? You do live life on the edge, scrub!

  7. #2532
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dminor View Post
    Bacon and pinkish ground beef both in one day? You do live life on the edge, scrub!
    Gotta' keep those lipid levels up there, man!

    I figure the booze content of the Imperial Stout helped offset things. Well, that and the exercise. Pedaling off to work in a bit over an hour.

    BTW - the burger had bacon on it as well.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  8. #2533
    Single-serving poster electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a lot of eating for only 16 miles! Anyways, glad you had fun.

  9. #2534
    Senior Member mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 S-works Tarmac SL3 Red, 2009 Fuji SLM 2.0 XT, 1986 Lotus Grand Prix Luxe Dura-Ace, 2012 Blue Norcross, Torelli Tipo Uno, Giant Anthem X2
    Posts
    8,057
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    That is a lot of eating for only 16 miles! Anyways, glad you had fun.
    26 miles
    Quote Originally Posted by rjones28 View Post
    Are they talking about spectators feeding the cyclists? You know, like don't feed the bears?

  10. #2535
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, considering that was breakfast and lunch.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  11. #2536
    Single-serving poster electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Not really, considering that was breakfast and lunch.
    I dunno... i won't tell the roadies if you don't, lol.

  12. #2537
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    I dunno... i won't tell the roadies if you don't, lol.

    Pffft. What the hell do they care, or why would I care? A nice bonus of riding? Eating whatever the hell I like. I'm not racing, so don't give a rats ass about being some

    skinny whelp. Granted, I still only weigh 150# at 5'9" - I'm not exactly worried about ballooning up, and my cardiac risk profile and lipid levels are "stellar" in

    the words of my G.P.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a large piece of cheesecake which is in need of my attentions.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  13. #2538
    ****** (can I say this?)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo! First off road ride of the year. Got my ass kicked by a measly 7.5 miles.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”- Jeremy Clarkson

  14. #2539
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome ride today. My shoulder would only let me do about 10 miles but it a great. Sunny, 70f.
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  15. #2540
    Custom User never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    T0L0K0
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it! I'm going to start deleting these "I went riding" posts if there aren't any pictures with it!

    BTW, I went for a ride today with the boys and I did take a couple of pictures. It was a trail I hadn't ridden before and it was really fun. It had some icy patches and I had to go slower because I didn't want to go too fast with Steve (he's only 9 mos old and I don't want to run him too hard too early). But this trail will be a super fun pinner trail once it dries out...fast, flowy singletrack with lots of berms. The climb up on the road isn't anything exciting but at least the sustained spinning feels good.

    Looking back at the exciting climb:


    The dogs taking a break:


    Another view:


    Another break:


    Most of the trail looked like this...decent grade, lots of nice turns, and very little reason to use any brakes:

  16. #2541
    DEJA VU Covalent Jello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    570
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy 1st day of spring




  17. #2542
    Senior Member Business810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went out on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon, only my second time out on the trails this new year, and had a blast. No really epic pictures, except there was all this weird green stuff all over the ground.

    2010-03-21 17.52.00.jpg
    Jon

  18. #2543
    Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Btw the Mohave desert and AREA 51
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Posts
    5,210
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great weather and new trails. Life is good. 5 hours of riding over two rides, breaking in some new raptors.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

    I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

  19. #2544
    Gravity hunter dminor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The 509
    My Bikes
    are not listed as if they were some sort of portfolio.
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    That's it! I'm going to start deleting these "I went riding" posts if there aren't any pictures with it!

    BTW, I went for a ride today with the boys and I did take a couple of pictures. It was a trail I hadn't ridden before and it was really fun. It had some icy patches and I had to go slower because I didn't want to go too fast with Steve (he's only 9 mos old and I don't want to run him too hard too early). But this trail will be a super fun pinner trail once it dries out...fast, flowy singletrack with lots of berms. The climb up on the road isn't anything exciting but at least the sustained spinning feels good.

    >snip<
    Man, I HAVE to get back up there this year.

  20. #2545
    Senior Member victim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)





    2 charecters

  21. #2546
    Senior Member victim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half a ride missed. Can't wait for 10 speed.

  22. #2547
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim? scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victim View Post
    Half a ride missed. Can't wait for 10 speed.
    Appears as if it was just your chain? No carrying a spare link or two, chaintool or anything?

    I've broken enough bits in the past, I now carry some spares. A small baggy has a couple spare links, a hanger for each of the bikes (so i'm covered whichever i'm out on) and a couple m5 and m6 bolts to fit various things, zip ties, a bit of duct tape, a chainring bolt, a spd cleat bolt, and a spare set of Avid pads - same brakes on all the bikes. Over the years, I've ended up using all that crap, either on my bike, or someone elses, to be able to keep riding, rather than have to head back to the car.

    Nice stuff, though! Stuff around me was just drying enough to ride a bit, and we got roughly 4" of rain last night. Sucktastic.
    I believe the clouds in my coffee more than the weatherman on t.v.

  23. #2548
    ****** (can I say this?)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victim View Post
    Half a ride missed. Can't wait for 10 speed.
    Disagree on the 10 speed crap, but nice trails, where do you live?
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”- Jeremy Clarkson

  24. #2549
    Senior Member victim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ca7erham View Post
    Disagree on the 10 speed crap, but nice trails, where do you live?
    Western Ma. Do you disagree that it's going to be less durable? Or do you think that the benefit of the 10 speed system will outweigh the slightly less durability factor? Or did you not catch my sarcasm?

    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Appears as if it was just your chain? No carrying a spare link or two, chaintool or anything?

    I've broken enough bits in the past, I now carry some spares. A small baggy has a couple spare links, a hanger for each of the bikes (so i'm covered whichever i'm out on) and a couple m5 and m6 bolts to fit various things, zip ties, a bit of duct tape, a chainring bolt, a spd cleat bolt, and a spare set of Avid pads - same brakes on all the bikes. Over the years, I've ended up using all that crap, either on my bike, or someone elses, to be able to keep riding, rather than have to head back to the car.

    Nice stuff, though! Stuff around me was just drying enough to ride a bit, and we got roughly 4" of rain last night. Sucktastic.
    Ya just a chain. It's just a ridgeline above my house I ride. I use a small Camelbak with just enough for one flat repair. I just coasted down a road and was basically home. Going to put together a lightweight tool kit for it now though, probably my cheapo chain breaker and 2 or 3 allen wrenches. Just don't want it to turn into my Camelbak Hawg that I can barely get the straps cinched down on.
    Last edited by victim; 03-23-10 at 03:34 PM.

  25. #2550
    ****** (can I say this?)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victim View Post
    Western Ma. Do you disagree that it's going to be less durable? Or do you think that the benefit of the 10 speed system will outweigh the slightly less durability factor? Or did you not catch my sarcasm?
    Tis the problem with the internet, you never can tell sarcasm lol.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”- Jeremy Clarkson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •