Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Feedback Sports Omnium on sale...

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-16, 12:58 PM
Rubber side down

Bikes: are fun! :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 105 Posts

FYI, Westernbikeworks.com has the new Feedback Sports Omnium trainer on a flash sale for $365.49. That's a good deal on a nice race warmup trainer!
Omnium
Old 03-17-16, 01:09 PM
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
$365 for a warm up trainer does not compute.
Old 03-17-16, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
but it's on sale
Old 03-17-16, 01:45 PM
Rubber side down

Well, it isn't just a warm-up trainer... Anyway, there had been some discussion and mention of interest regarding this product somewhere around here. Obviously it wasn't you guys so please hit the snooze button for this thread.
Old 03-17-16, 02:42 PM

Bikes: Scott Foil 10, Di2

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clipped_in
Well, it isn't just a warm-up trainer... Anyway, there had been some discussion and mention of interest regarding this product somewhere around here. Obviously it wasn't you guys so please hit the snooze button for this thread.
That was me and @topflightpro talking about it (IIRC)
Old 03-17-16, 03:14 PM
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have one of those. I got it on ebay for $150. I have used it once. It's nice though, and I always bring it to races in case I can't warm up on the course or road (which I greatly prefer).
Old 03-17-16, 07:47 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by globecanvas
I have one of those. I got it on ebay for $150. I have used it once. It's nice though, and I always bring it to races in case I can't warm up on the course or road (which I greatly prefer).
Do you have a sense of the max wattage it will let you put out?
Old 03-17-16, 07:57 PM
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not really. I probably haven't put out more than maybe 400w on them (like I said, I only used them once). You definitely wouldn't want to sprint on them. Apart from just the fact that they are rollers, so too much torque will make the rear wheel skip, they are also not super sturdy. The fork fits into a tripod that you thread together from little pieces.

I don't mean to be negative, they are cleverly designed for their purpose, but I wouldn't expect to be crushing out the watts on them.
Old 03-17-16, 09:37 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
that thing is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. folding rollers seem good.
Old 03-18-16, 04:52 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not really. I probably haven't put out more than maybe 400w on them (like I said, I only used them once). You definitely wouldn't want to sprint on them. Apart from just the fact that they are rollers, so too much torque will make the rear wheel skip, they are also not super sturdy. The fork fits into a tripod that you thread together from little pieces.

I don't mean to be negative, they are cleverly designed for their purpose, but I wouldn't expect to be crushing out the watts on them.
400w is more than enough for what I do during warmups ^_^
Old 03-18-16, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
IT is a nice compact little package I suppose.

Old 03-18-16, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not really. I probably haven't put out more than maybe 400w on them (like I said, I only used them once). You definitely wouldn't want to sprint on them. Apart from just the fact that they are rollers, so too much torque will make the rear wheel skip, they are also not super sturdy. The fork fits into a tripod that you thread together from little pieces. I don't mean to be negative, they are cleverly designed for their purpose, but I wouldn't expect to be crushing out the watts on them.
Hey there @globecanvas, thanks for sharing your thoughts - There are actually two different Omnium models in the field now - the one you picked up for $150 is most likely the SportCrafters version of the Omnium. Feedback Sports worked with Sportcrafters on some of the technology used in the original Omnium, but overall we were able to improve some features on the trainer that did not exist before. For example - the folding design became more streamlined - with longer legs and a more robust center platform, the footprint was increased for added stability. Additionally, we redesigned the fork mount to accommodate a large number of forks on the market - 12mm thru for road, standard 9mm road QR, 15mm x 100, and 15mm x 110 for new mountain forks. - BMX wheels up to 29er wheels. The package all folds up neatly without any need for assembly/disassembly to transport with the included padded tote bag (which travels well - fits in an overhead bin during flight). To clarify about sprinting on the Omnium - a full workout including intervals, sprints, spinning down - etc is all possible on the Omnium.

Here is a video of a strong fellow at Cross Nationals in Asheville this year putting down a sprint with no issues.

https://youtu.be/qALw0Oe2pXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTOZ5lN4NHM

To touch on wattage readings - our product engineers and athletes we used to test this product were able to reach over 1000watts using various power metering technology before running out of gears/sustained power.

Cheers!

Last edited by cb400bill; 03-19-16 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Removed link
Old 03-19-16, 07:48 AM
Rubber side down

Well, call me an idiot but I think it looks quite nice. A bit pricey at full retail--thus the "on sale" PSA. Good racing!
Old 03-22-16, 05:59 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FBSTech
Hey there @globecanvas, thanks for sharing your thoughts - There are actually two different Omnium models in the field now - the one you picked up for $150 is most likely the SportCrafters version of the Omnium. Feedback Sports worked with Sportcrafters on some of the technology used in the original Omnium, but overall we were able to improve some features on the trainer that did not exist before. For example - the folding design became more streamlined - with longer legs and a more robust center platform, the footprint was increased for added stability. Additionally, we redesigned the fork mount to accommodate a large number of forks on the market - 12mm thru for road, standard 9mm road QR, 15mm x 100, and 15mm x 110 for new mountain forks. - BMX wheels up to 29er wheels. The package all folds up neatly without any need for assembly/disassembly to transport with the included padded tote bag (which travels well - fits in an overhead bin during flight). To clarify about sprinting on the Omnium - a full workout including intervals, sprints, spinning down - etc is all possible on the Omnium.

Here is a video of a strong fellow at Cross Nationals in Asheville this year putting down a sprint with no issues.

https://youtu.be/qALw0Oe2pXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTOZ5lN4NHM

To touch on wattage readings - our product engineers and athletes we used to test this product were able to reach over 1000watts using various power metering technology before running out of gears/sustained power.

Cheers!
You may have just sold another unit Thanks for stopping by.