Banned

Bikes: LHT, Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mconlonx
I think his sentence could be viewed as plenty fair:

"Only" 120 days in jail. Raised hands--how many of us have spent any time at all in jail, country club or not? I'm guessing it will suck, at the very least, compared to being not locked up.

He will be on parole/probation for 30 months. 2-1/2 years where he can be tested for drugs or alcohol at will, his home can be searched at any time, and he cannot travel without permission.

He won't be able to vote for those 30 months, maybe longer if there is additional probation involved, and there are 12 states where he will never be able to vote.

He will never be able to legally carry a firearm. Sure hope he wasn't a hunter (firefighter? in NC? what's the chances...).

He lost his job Aug 10, will not be able to pass a background check if it ever comes up, and will have to disclose a felony record on job apps. He'll never get a job in his chosen field, or police work, or the military(?).

He likely will be denied entry into many foreign countries, including Canada.

He pretty much wrecked his life. I got no pity for him--he made his flowers, now he must eat them--but there are far more ramifications than just the jail sentence to think about when considering what's "fair." All the above? Seems pretty fair for taking an undeserved shot at someone, but which did not kill or do grievous injury.
The sentence seems fair??
Are you nuts?

People get harsher sentences for simple burglary.
We're talking about almost killing someone.

Again, are you nuts?