Old 12-03-09, 04:41 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceMetras
I don't like the idea of putting a folding bike in a shopping cart, nor would I think the next person using it would likely appreciate it.. there have been lots of discussions about this very thing with oil, grease, dirt, road grime, etc. being deposited in a shopping cart designed for clothes and such...

If you are going shopping by bike, a better way in my eye is to roll it in with whatever basket or bag you choose on the bike.. probably the hands down winner for this sort of thing is a Brompton with a front mount bag.. you just push it like a shopping cart.. I use this setup often when shopping crowded stores like the local Trader Joes and never get anything but smiles and compliments even from the staff.. last week, I managed 8 boxes of oatmeal! I have also just rolled my Birdy into grocery stores with large shopping bag attached and have yet to get a complaint..

Where this Target is located, much of the shopping carts/trolleys are kept outside, subjected to the elements, even vandalism. And many are "borrowed" for extended periods and wind up in many "exotic" usages. I don't place anything that needs to stay clean-like small children, pets,cloth, or merchandise. I learn to take precautions (i.e. wipe the item(s) down when about to use it) when using anything "public"in front of it's name or "shared" things like laundromats with others. I was in bit of a hurry that day so I forgot to line the bottom of the cart with plastic or bring along one of my bags as is my habit. Besides I had the bike "go naked" to see the bike actually in use inside the store.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 12-03-09 at 04:50 PM.