Old 12-21-09, 01:14 PM
tatfiend 
Gear Hub fan

Bikes: Civia Hyland Rohloff, Swobo Dixon, Colnago, Univega

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check with Dealextreme for accessories or options. I believe though that typically the control electronics are in the light head rather than the tailcap switch so no easy options changing is available. For bike headlight use either memory or minimal modes seems like the way to go.

I just bought the Olight M30 Triton light. It has two switches, one for on/off on the tail cap end and a second on the side of the tail cap for mode selection. Once a mode is selected the light stays in that mode until it is changed. Very handy IMO. Also very versatile as far as feeding as it can use 3 or 4 CR123, three RCR123, two 18500 or two 18650 batteries. The included body extender tube is needed for four CR123 batteries or two 18650 batteries use. It is listed as 700 Lumens rather than 900 but puts out a LOT of light.

Ihe Olight appears to be of excellent construction and has the greatest cooling fin area I have seen on a flashlight. It also has a lot of options available including filters, gun mounts, non tactical tail cap etc. Included are a foam lined storage/carrying case, a belt carrier, O ring grease and a diffuser filter. The best price I found was at Battery Junction. It cost a bit more than the Dealextreme lights but includes a better warranty as well as availability from an American dealer.
Gear Hubs Owned: Rohloff disc brake, SRAM iM9 disc brake, SRAM P5 freewheel, Sachs Torpedo 3 speed freewheel, NuVinci CVT, Shimano Alfine SG S-501, Sturmey Archer S5-2 Alloy. Other: 83 Colnago Super Record, Univega Via De Oro

Visit and join the Yahoo Geared Hub Bikes group for support and links.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geared_hub_bikes/