Old 01-01-10, 10:00 AM
thirdgenbird

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
nice looking bike. someone put alot of money onto that old frame. is that an aluminum fork or just an odd crowned steel? I agree on the seat post it likely is 26.4. (if I ever find that seat tube guage, I am going to buy it then rent it out LOL) I see a red Classica in '83 *dark* + '84 *Cardinal* for 300 I don't think you did too bad, I guess the builder did not realize what kind of frame it was.

taking a third look at the pics something about that HS and stemm bother me are the spacers under the stem for looks?

OH "E" yes Bianchis did come with stem shifters. in the early to mid '80 most of the lewer end bikes had them and the Classica was one of them
yes, those are spacers under the stem. it was a stock adjustable stem from an original Giant compact road bike. the stem is the proper size, they just used tiny spacers with it apparently to give it a smoother profile. we want a nice quill stem, this was jsut a freebee

it is in fact an aluminum fork. it was also free (just had to pay to get it threaded)