View Single Post
Old 01-02-10, 11:54 AM
jimx200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikesdirect_com
I track sales very closely to try and be ahead of trends and when they might turn down.

Our sales in SS/FG have been growing every month for the last 5 years. 2009 saw a steady increase. Our percentage of bikes sold that were SS/FG was higher in the last 3 months of 2009 than same perod in 2008.

my feeling is: if a SS/FG can be a reasonable price that it will sell as a ultility bike for many, a training bike for some, a winter bike for some, a sport bike or primary bike for many and just a fun spare bike for lots of people.

in Florida you might be surprised how many houses with 2 people living there have 4, 5, or 6 SS cruisers in the garage {same idea, a simple bike that anyone can enjoy}

bikes are fun and if the price is right; why not have several? a SS/FG I think should be one of the bikes in everyones collection
What Mike said. I got one of the Clockwork SS from BD and LOVE it! The cro-mo frame rides very s m o o t h and it's my go-to bike for road riding now...even got in a 50 miler on it last week (hills included)..all good.