View Single Post
Old 02-02-10, 09:08 AM
brakemeister
New usename ThorUSA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're not making me feel stupid at all. On the contrary I don't think you realize that with the ReeCharge you have to charge the ReeCharge, then the ReeCharge has to charge the battery in your device, and then the battery in your device has to power your device. This is very inefficient.

Hi Chucky that is not quite right. When you move the generator will charge your appliances. The battery has two functions in the reecharge .
1. you will be able to charge something when you are standing still and not move
2. to straighten out the current and hertz and amps and what not else to work with the latest I phone

In other words, if the batteries are empty they will charge on the side of your other plug in charge. If they are full the charge runs right by them, with the exception of that I phone thing when it is as you describe ...

It is very nice touring if you have instruments who need lots of batteries otherwise, like GPS or similar.... Instead of changing batteries every day ( or more ) you can run the GPS straight from the reecharge ...

Solarcells ..I have a big one on my boat, let me tell you they are a whole new set of problems, most small ones suck on the battery when not enough sun !! Just to scratch the surface. Heavy and HUGE ... The only way you could do anything with a solar cell is to have a trailer and you load up the trailer with dolar cells AND the much hated battery .....

whats with that rice cooker ? You need electricity for a cooker ?
:-)
Thor