View Single Post
Old 03-13-10, 03:55 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
'grouch sorry to hear about the elbows...I did one 30 years ago and it still gives me fits when the weather changes.

No earth shattering changes on me or my bikes. Just plugging along and getting bits and pieces added on as I go. Most recent purchase is a 1975 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist. I won't get to ride it until late May. It is in Iowa and I am in SC.

Upgraded the head light on my Twenty from a halogen B&M Retro to a B&M Cyo, huge difference and IMHO well worth the ~$130...which is more than the bike cost!

Got the bits and pieces to build a different set of wheels for my Superbe, I was riding with my bride back late last year and discovered on a steep downhill that the rims have a bad hop/wobble to them. They are the OEM steel and not much can be done with them. So I am using a spare set of hubs and building up wheels with the polished CR-18 rims in the 650A size.

Have bits and pieces wandering in for the other bikes, such is the life of a C&V bike junkie

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon