View Single Post
Old 04-03-10, 05:13 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
Different strokes for different folks, eh gomango? I've been waffling over this and what keeps tripping me up is, the color does look really nice out in the sun where the fine gold metallic fleck--I'm thinking it's in the clear rather than the base coat--really makes it look nice, but it's still not what I wanted.

The painter--who is perfectly willing to redo the whole job on his time and money--is next door to you in Michigan.

I'd say the finish on your lovely Trek is closer to a gold/bronze than the reddish bronze I was trying to obtain. The color I'm seeking is #43822 Bronze Metallic on the linked Imron .pdf from Joe Bell's site: http://www.campyonly.com/images/joebell/imron.pdf
Hi 23skidoo,

Thanks for the compliment on the TX700. Its feeling like it will take me forever to collect the parts, but I think it will be a great rider when completed.

But back to your issue. I know exactly what you are going through with this color matter. I tried to save a couple of bucks and go with a new painter with my Casati. He just couldn't get the color correct, and after three strikes I decided to go in different direction. Was I being picky. Yep.

He was a nice guy though.

I ended up getting another quote from a fantastic local builder that happens to do renovations. Very fair price, and he nailed the color on the first try. I'm waiting for my turn at this point.

Thank you for the above link. I'll check it out.

Hang in there, just make sure you get exactly what you paid for.