View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 06:32 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by lotek
2)why would Alberto change the frame (i.e. cable routing etc.) I'm pretty sure he knows what would detract from the bikes value. maybe one of our members here who knows Alberto (you know who you are) could ask him?

Marty
In that I am not so sure. I think there is a different perspective at work. Bikes came back for repaint, they were tools, they got upgrades by request and payment. If it had top of the BB shell cable guides originally which might be questionable on a chrome frame, then maybe it did not have brazed on guides originally. If the grooves are original, then it might be the earliest I have seen this on an Italian racing bike, these concepts start somewhere. If they were added at a later date, then modified again on maybe a second repaint... somebody buy this one and strip the Bottom bracket of paint. Please. Alright, maybe just remove the paint in the grooves.

Patching the grooves could be done, not a big big deal, maybe fill with silver and some soft steel wire, file flush after. Just say no to Bondo.