Thread: Racing Points?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-10, 10:29 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BiggSlic
Thanks UMD, this makes perfect sense. I guess I saw "ranking" but read "upgrade" in my head. Dumbass.
It seems to be a common mistake.

Do you mean I don't need/get upgrade points toward cat 4? I assume it really is an honor system type deal then after all? I suppose I will know after 10 mass starts if I am ready or not to upgrade to cat 4.
The requirement is "experience in 10 mass start races". When you request your upgrade you list your races. The regional coordinator who processes your upgrade may check them, they may not. The officials have records of everyone who is in the race regardless of the results, because they use that to bill the promoter.

I'm really not in to racing just for the upgrade points but there were a couple very tough events that I finished whereas many guys quit. One in particular I was just very proud to finish. I want my point damit!
Technically you don't need to finish to get the credit. You just need to have started.