By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by my58vw

Wow! Who threw that extra cog in there?! Wow a 16

1300 dollars later and my journey into 10 speed is over...

Trek 2100 - Now with full DA 7800 drivetrain
DA 7800 53-39 180mm crankset
DA 7800 11-23 Ti Cassette
DA 7800 FD and RD
DA 7800 STI shifters with Flightdeck
DA Silver Shifter and Brake Cables
DA 7800 Brakeset
DA 7800 BB

All I can say is, the bike is amazing quick.

Some background.

Bought crankset, deraileurs, BB, about 3 months ago

Bought brakes about 2 months ago

Today got chain, cassette, shifters. I can not believe the difference finally bringing 10 speed is. The bike can now hit about 23 MPH in the small ring. On a quick test spin on a flat track, no wind I was able to hit 26 MPH no clipless, no spinning with the new cassette. The shifting is crisp and responsive, it is great. The bike is now making no more annoying noise in the big ring or in the deraileur and less triming is required for the rear shifts.

My bike is finally 95 percent done. I have decided to not go carbon on the handlebars and stem for now, the new fork is going to wait a while. I am getting my carbon cages soon, they are calling me from my LBS. I got annoyed becasue the stupid wireless flightdeck reciever is 9 or 10 speed specific so I had to waste my cage money on that

The only thing is the annoying is the feel of the shifters. I like the alot but it will take some getting used to them. The 53-16 gear is just right...

For those of you that have 10 speed DA drivetrain, how do you like the shifters?

EDIT : My mechanic who races cat 4 says... we are getting rid of your little boy cassette (12-27) and now you are graduating to a real MANs cassette (11-23) ... you are pro...

The bike weighs in at just under 19 pounds. I think that 18 pounds is possible with the fork but it is low on my priority list as of now, the cervelo is much more important to this point... (need to pay for that DA drivetrain... at least my parents are helping out there...
Congrats dude! The Dura Ace 10 Speed Shifters are the most comfortable shifters around (I dont have it, I just try it out )