Old 06-23-10, 09:25 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 432 Posts
@AEO - Actually, thats the torque value for the crank arm bolt, which works out to 45 ft-lbs, even more than I use on square taper cranks. My guess is the OP simply didn't tighten the bolt sufficiently to achieve that torque, which is pretty high. I copied the following notes from the instructions:

*NOTES:
1) Actual torque required to bottom-out RH crank may vary but this is a “hard stop” that will be very noticeable. It is not possible to “over-load” the bearings with the RH crank
installation. The most important thing is to ensure that the RH crank bolt is fully bottomed-out, regardless of final torque requirement.
2) After installing RH crank, spin the crank a few times hard by hand. The system should spin smoothly but some rotational friction from seal drag will be noticeable. This is normal and
will dramatically decrease after the first few miles of riding as the seals become lubricated and some BB assembly components seat-in.
3) Race Face
Deus XC / Evolve XC / Ride XC - EXI cranksets feature the industry standard ISIS Drive spline for the interface between the RH crank arm and the BB spindle. All
standard procedures for installing and removing ISIS Drive cranks can be applied here.

4) Check crank bolt periodically (e.g. during routine bike maintenance) and re-tighten to 45 ft-lbs / 61 N-m / 620 kgf-cm as required.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 06-23-10 at 09:30 PM.