Old 07-02-10, 01:55 PM
JesusBananas
Banana-tastic!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
I don't give a **** what context you used it in, doing it in a joking way doesn't make it any less offensive.
You want to reap the laughter from the joke but don't want to take responsibility for it when called out.
Context is everything. If context doesn't matter, then, according to you, one can't even mention the word "Nazi" as a fact like "The Nazis occupied Germany" without people being offended.

You weren't making a statement on how ridiculous racism is.
No matter how you try to spin it your post basically amounts to you saying "Hey guys, isn't the thought of me riding my bike around in blackface funny"
My answer is no it's not.
I reiterate: the idea of anyone in blackface is ridiculous and stupid. That ridiculousness and stupidity is what is funny. Scrod was not suggesting that he would actually wear blackface; see more below.

<snip>

My whole point in bringing up where I live is because every time someone says he's from Brooklyn people jump to assume that they are some scrawny white kid with a pink t shirt on that matches his rims just because that's all you saw that time you spent the weekend with your college buddy in Williamsburg.
You might assume that. You might know lots of people who assume that. It certainly is a stretch to assume that ALL of BF assumes that. They might say it as a joke, but jokes are not serious. Obviously, I don't understand that everything is serious.

Contrary to what most folks like Dr. Banzai believe there are black neighborhoods without rampant crime, that have beautiful houses and don't need to be saved "by whitey bringing money to the hood"
Show me where Banzai said anything remotely close to that. YOU were one who suggested it:
Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv
the section I live in has failed to be gentrified by white people

<continued from previous>

But I guarantee you like I said in my original statement, if you came rollin thru here in blackface it would get dealt with.
Do you really, honestly, without a doubt think that Scrod would EVER actually wear blackface? Are you serious? Listen to yourself, man. Do you think when people post pictures of flying squirrels it's because they want to be a flying squirrel? (I know I just set someone up to say yes to that question, but anyway . . . )

<snip>

You're pretty much the equivalent of this:

This is funny. It hardly suggests that one should support Nazism.

Any more thoughts?