View Single Post
Old 07-31-10, 03:21 PM
Geo Cruise

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquakitty
Might be tough for someone with Agrophobia... though Im not agrophobioc I have other social anxiety issues and would have great difficulty asking the shop to let me load a bike up.. just testing the bike I feel embarrased. But then again the only real "cure" for anxiety/OCD disorders is to make yourself do the thing you are scared of (which it looks like is the OP's goal).
I have controlled my agoraphobia, though I did go through a spell that I literally did not leave the house for 4 years. I still have social anxiety disorder but am going to do my best to bite the bullet and work though it. When the time come that I can buy, I will do what is needed but right now it is easiest for me to talk to those who ride them and get my best idea. It is a disorder that is very illogical and tough to understand, which is one of my goals to bring awareness to it and second is simply to help concur my own troubles. I intend to order pamphlets from each state I pass though from the mental health association and hand then out and aproach many news papers and see if I can do an interview as I pass through small towns.