View Single Post
Old 08-01-10, 12:05 PM
fadi

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Traveller Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The first and only Cannondale I own goes back to May 2010 where I went as per brand reputation and catalog specifications.
It is the Tesoro Traveller Classic 2010; I am not sure you can find it in North America, and it was a risky deal buying unseen and untried, especially for the amount of money they ask. But trust me I can assure you that I have never ridden something so sweet in ages!

While it is true that I didn't own a real touring frame in the past, to compare with in terms of handling and comfort; I have nonetheless come over many brands like scott, specialized, and trek in the hybrid and pure road categories... And the Cannondale quality is on the very high end!

I confess that unloaded, the bike feels harsh and a bit unstable; but once loaded it is a completely different beast!
I have logged 900 miles so far, nearly half of these miles in an unloaded configuration going back home by the end of the day; and the rest for over the weekend trips for a night or two max.

In the end I got used to the bike unloaded, I reduced tire pressure down to 75psi, and I use it nearly 80% of the time for all my needs. I am commuting on it as well without touring panniers.

Good luck for your purchase

Cheers
Fadi