Old 08-05-10, 04:36 PM
Inquisition228

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It came in. Here's how it was shipped. Ignore the little box on top, that was something else.

The raw frame is much a much lighter shade than I expected. The pics I've seen of raw frames have always been much darker than this. The picture was taken with a flash on, and it's a little bit darker in person, but not much. I was pretty surprised by it.

Close up:

Here are all the components. I was a little worried something would get looked over having the bike shipped to me completely disassembled, but it appears as though everything is there. Unless I'm looking over something.

The wheelset:

Group shot!

Soon to be given to my dad, quite happily:

I have some questions as to what I need to tell the guy powdercoating the bike. I know he's done bikes before, but I know it isn't his specialty or anything, and it certainly isn't mine. What special instructions do I need to give him? I imagine there are parts of the frame (such as the inside of the tubing) that need to stay untouched by the powdercoating. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to know? I'm supposed to drop it off to him tomorrow...

Last edited by Inquisition228; 08-05-10 at 04:39 PM.