Thread: Cycle Helmets
View Single Post
Old 08-29-10, 08:49 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4421 Post(s)
Liked 3,048 Times in 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by Liddy
Well, it was an innocent enough question. An invitation for a mutually respectful discussion of the evidence and yet so many replies are characterised by sarcasm!

I was hoping for a chat about the evidence while I mull the issue over....

....Those of you would want to take a patronising and sarcastic tone to telling others they are idiots if the don't do what you do.
Oh that's rich. You're new to the forum, you walk in knowing full well that you're throwing a bomb, you get a pile of people replying with factual information, a few with a little snark, and then you act thin-skinned and lecture us on our tone. And on top of that, you ignore the most important message that was repeated to you again and again - serious bicycle accidents involving your head can happen on trails and in the absence of appreciable speed.

This is perhaps the most constructive and respectful forum on cycling around. If you don't believe me, try posting the same query to the road biking forum and see the response you get. A whole bunch of people took some time to give you the benefit of their experience. If it didn't change your mind, that's your business, but if the information provided isn't enough for you, then I suggest you and the rest of us move on to a different topic.