Thread: Ridley
View Single Post
Old 09-21-10, 07:16 PM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
1200cycles, Andrew is sort of ok. I just wonder why u say that the fuji was wrong, u were too long with a 9 cm stem? thats super short for a guy your size. Im around your size with like 30 inches inseam and Im using a medium. THere is a big chance that your problem is not that you picked the wrong size but maybe u got the wrong set up since who knows when and you feel like too long.

I have used both, the ridley compact and the bmc u are asking for. In both u have to go medium. If you go small in the bmc or the ridley it will be too short, but again i believe your problem is setup the position in the machine or your style or something.

I base my assumption in the fact that I'm around your size, second my inseam is around 30 inches too, the other issue i see is that u say that u want 29 inches from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle?? that's off like 1 inch of what i use. So i really dont see why u are too long with the fiji that was even shorter than the bmc.

There's the picture of my ride, medium, the stem is 11 centimeters but is not that low due to the fact that my belly is interfering big time, so im using a few spacers. U can get an idea of how it should look like. (actually i should put a 11.5 stem or lower the stem a little bit)

Yaniel is around our size but he is using a large, he got fitted a few months ago so no idea if he changed the 9 cm stem he was using for something else. Probably yaniel can add some input.

The other thing is that the fuji does not compare to the bmc, and if your riding is twitchy with the bmc then something is wrong with you and the setup u have or something else but not the bike, the bmc rides like over rails all the time, the fuji who knows, probably u use the stem upwards, that makes the bike do weird stuff if your skills or the bike are not as good.

Yaniel u there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
last incarnation..jpg (96.8 KB, 25 views)